A&H

MOAS Observer reports

Does anyone know what a good Mark is for a level 3 observation this year.

Last year a 73.5 was classed as a very good mark

I have been told those days are in the past with the new form

So what is considered a good mark now 72.5, 72 or lower with observers being advised to mark “expected” as the norm this must bring the average down considerably?

The Referee Store
Does anyone know what a good Mark is for a level 3 observation this year.

Last year a 73.5 was classed as a very good mark

I have been told those days are in the past with the new form

So what is considered a good mark now 72.5, 72 or lower with observers being advised to mark “expected” as the norm this must bring the average down considerably?
They are working off two lists for the average I believe.

We’re same league, have you heard much regarding other scores?
I'm Combined Counties now. Aren't you Spartan?
Anyway, I had a 72.675 for an uneventful game, but I thought I was as good as I could have been with what I had in front of me, picking up as many marks as poss without chucking any away
Observed again this Saturday. I'm just expecting similar averages to last year. My first score was consistent with what I might have expected last year

I'm Combined Counties now. Aren't you Spartan?
Anyway, I had a 72.675 for an uneventful game, but I thought I was as good as I could have been with what I had in front of me, picking up as many marks as poss without chucking any away
Observed again this Saturday. I'm just expecting similar averages to last year. My first score was consistent with what I might have expected last year
CCFL as well!
I haven’t heard of any marks this year yet so wondered what the new ‘system’ would result in

Has anyone else heard this ?
This is an extract from a message the CCFL level 4s received.

Merit Table:

Given new marking criteria may produce different marks from 22-23 to 23-24, the FA will run two merit tables to weight that and equalise it. This won’t show on MOAS, but from experience at higher levels, the MOAS merit tables aren’t far off. They will contact referees in October to let you know your position in weighted merit table.

has anyone heard anything about when statistics tab is due back?
Our Appointment's Secretary has indicated that MOAS stats will not return until the 3rd week of September. Even that sounds dependant on a successful update of the Merit Tables on the 13th Sep (when the next run is due) because an update this week failed

TBH, I hadn't appreciated the challenge of running two Merit Tables based on different Report Forms
This will always be a problem for the FA now because any change to the marking scheme will either alter the annual or seasonal table (but not both)
Thus far, the two promotion periods have served no purpose to me because I didn't have any observations in the first half of this calendar year
Rather than adjust the scores from one Observation Period, they should ensure that scores are are always equivalent

I understand why they want two promotion periods per year, but it's obviously caused them a reet headache
A headache they'll repeat every time the marking scheme changes; in the absence of equivalence

For now, I'll just assume that I've rocketed to the top of ALL merit tables 🐈

Last edited:
Our Appointment's Secretary has indicated that MOAS stats will not return until the 3rd week of September. Even that sounds dependant on a successful update of the Merit Tables on the 13th Sep (when the next run is due) because an update this week failed

TBH, I hadn't appreciated the challenge of running two Merit Tables based on different Report Forms
This will always be a problem for the FA now because any change to the marking scheme will either alter the annual or seasonal table (but not both)
Thus far, the two promotion periods have served no purpose to me because I didn't have any observations in the first half of this calendar year
Rather than adjust the scores from one Observation Period, they should ensure that scores are are always equivalent

I understand why they want two promotion periods per year, but it's obviously caused them a reet headache
A headache they'll repeat every time the marking scheme changes; in the absence of equivalence

For now, I'll just assume that I've rocketed to the top of ALL merit tables 🐈
Stats back up on MOAS now

Good to see clubs remain unbiased as ever as well. My 2 worst club marks are the games I had my 2 red cards :D
Ah yes the clubs!!! Still awaiting mine from Saturday where I had 2 reds for the away team in the first half that were both backed by the observer so can imagine what they will be like!!! Lowest mark came from a team that i had a red for earlier in the season, shock

Observer and Clubs always polar opposite scores for me... without exception after 8 observations at Step 5

As a first season L4 - it amuses me when I look back over my first few games, there's a direct correlation between the winning team and a higher club mark and the losing team and a considerably lower mark....... I'm guessing this is the norm for everyone? :)

Back