A&H

MOAS Observer reports

Had another observation ... plenty of cautions, manager RC, Red card for SFP and a Penalty. Assessor agreed with them all for the de-brief .... 71.65 with no major developments. Honestly, how do you please these people:wall: this luck thing is playing a bigger part than I anticipated!

The Referee Store
Had another observation ... plenty of cautions, manager RC, Red card for SFP and a Penalty. Assessor agreed with them all for the de-brief .... 71.65 with no major developments. Honestly, how do you please these people:wall: this luck thing is playing a bigger part than I anticipated!

have a face that fits...

the system isn't great but it's about the best it can be unfortunately. up here I've heard of some massive marks this year (74+) with nowhere near as many incidents in the game

Do you have a rough idea of what the average/expected mark should be ? Without seeing the observation, it's difficult to fully comprehend.

Do you have a rough idea of what the average/expected mark should be ? Without seeing the observation, it's difficult to fully comprehend.
Unfortunately not with the statistics not being available. That being said the observer did say before the game that the highest he's given this season is around 71.5 so from that respect, maybe I've pleased a low scorer. Doesn't help in the bigger picture mind. The joys of refereeing aye

have a face that fits...

the system isn't great but it's about the best it can be unfortunately. up here I've heard of some massive marks this year (74+) with nowhere near as many incidents in the game

That's interesting as the general consensus is that marks will be lower this season as there are less competencies.

Marks are definitely down on step 2 lines from what I have seen thus far.

Also I was of the impression that the observer can't see the mark at the end anymore.

I thought that was the same for level 4s but assuming it's not as the observer knew his highest mark.

74+ is high by any previous marking regime in the last couple of years so we shouldn't discount 🐴💩 as well I suppose.

That's interesting as the general consensus is that marks will be lower this season as there are less competencies.

Also I was of the impression that the observer can't see the mark at the end anymore.

I thought that was the same for level 4s but assuming it's not as the observer knew his highest mark.

74+ is high by any previous marking regime in the last couple of years so we shouldn't discount 🐴💩 as well I suppose.

it's bizarre, although I'm out of the system now, those refs I'm in contact with were expecting lower marks, but that's not the case clearly!

I’ve heard marks are supposed to be lower this year..

No moas statistics to compare to which is annoying

Yes - observers can still see the marks they award at steps 3/4 and 5/6.

Sounds very odd
My first game 72.675
No Match Changing Situations and only one caution on 88
I had a good game. Observer gave credit for lots of pro-active refereeing, but doesn't seem consistent with your score on the face of it
My problemo has been Club Marks however!

The average can vary quite a bit from one pool to another. I've heard of scores ranging 70.5 to 74
So even the worst referee is rated better than expected for a L4!

Anyone heard of when the stats will be back on MOAS? 23rd August has long since passed

Sounds very odd
My first game 72.675
No Match Changing Situations and only one caution on 88
I had a good game. Observer gave credit for lots of pro-active refereeing, but doesn't seem consistent with your score on the face of it
My problemo has been Club Marks however!

The average can vary quite a bit from one pool to another. I've heard of scores ranging 70.5 to 74
So even the worst referee is rated better than expected for a L4!

Anyone heard of when the stats will be back on MOAS? 23rd August has long since passed
I’ve spoken to a few referees over the last few months and the general feeling around my area is to be happy if you get in and around 72-72.5. So far, I haven’t but on the flip side I haven’t had any development points yet so I must be doing ok, just had difficult assessors maybe. Difficult to judge in my first season not knowing anyone and working with a new marking scheme. I’m not interested in going higher and I can’t get demoted so my only interest is better/more fixtures

I’m also interested in the MOAS part. I’ve not seen any of my club marks yet so I’m interested to see how that’s reflected in my games

I’ve spoken to a few referees over the last few months and the general feeling around my area is to be happy if you get in and around 72-72.5. So far, I haven’t but on the flip side I haven’t had any development points yet so I must be doing ok, just had difficult assessors maybe. Difficult to judge in my first season not knowing anyone and working with a new marking scheme. I’m not interested in going higher and I can’t get demoted so my only interest is better/more fixtures

I’m also interested in the MOAS part. I’ve not seen any of my club marks yet so I’m interested to see how that’s reflected in my games
As a rule of thumb in my experience, observer and club marks are usually diametrically opposed and I'm not sure I'm convinced by either!

As a rule of thumb in my experience, observer and club marks are usually diametrically opposed and I'm not sure I'm convinced by either!
If that was the case you wouldn't get so many referees finishing A/A or A/B, which is pretty much what has been required to be promoted over the years. If they were, as you say, diametrically opposed you'd get referees finishing A for observers and E for clubs, or vice versa.

If that was the case you wouldn't get so many referees finishing A/A or A/B, which is pretty much what has been required to be promoted over the years. If they were, as you say, diametrically opposed you'd get referees finishing A for observers and E for clubs, or vice versa.
Well they have been for moi. I was top of the tree on observers and literally bottom of the pile on clubs for about 4 months last year :confused:
Hoping my scores are starting to converge a bit now. But even Anthony Taylor said to us (Middlesex RA) that his hardest challenge was marrying the two sets of scores together

This weekend my ARs are called Gardener and Kitchen. My Observer is named Herb
There has to be a joke in there somewhere!
Perhaps I'll make a meal of the game!
Ouch!

We have a guy called Pilli Joel - and pilli is the local term for whistle - it’s sooo right but sooo wrong!

Back