A&H

MOAS Observer reports

QuaverRef

I used to be indecisive but now i'm not so sure
Level 4 Referee
Had my first level 4 observation this weekend. I’ve just looked at the fixture on MOAS and it states ‘Observer Feedback Report Due’ however the report section says ‘N/A’. Is this just a case of wait for the report or have I missed something?

The Referee Store
Yeah you can't enter it till you've got the report, maybe even a day or 2 after as well, can't quite recall

Observer feedback can't be completed until the report has been done.
It can be done immediately but the FA say best practise is to wait 48 hours.

Thank you. it just confused me saying it was due yet the report isn’t actually available. Cheers for clarifying

Report has come through, ended up with a 71.25. Nothing great but considering it’s my first game at 4 and nothing happened during the game (1 caution, 0 KMI’s) I can’t complain!

You say that, but I suspect that'll be a below average mark (perhaps quite considerably). Aware you can't go down but if it's badly written, doesn't reflect the game etc get it feedback and appeal if necessary.

I echo es1's thoughts.

Approach your observer coordinator and see what their thoughts are on the report. a 71.25 is 1.25 below average from last years (for my league)

My first report as a 4 last year was a 71.7, I was pretty happy with it until I learnt how to see the league averages. Upon speaking to more experienced referee's they said the report was poorly written and I should have appealed.

Obviously there might be a different average this year, but it's worth speaking to someone just in case.

Report has come through, ended up with a 71.25. Nothing great but considering it’s my first game at 4 and nothing happened during the game (1 caution, 0 KMI’s) I can’t complain!
Where did you gain marks ? Assuming you're happy to share.

Only person who's going to look after you is you at the end of the day. Looking back I was way to naive with observers and coordinators (not you I will add!) and it led to me accepting some bad marks (a 70 in a year I got 77 the one i recall in particular).

You just trying to cause trouble - already complaining about observers....🥊

Where did you gain marks ? Assuming you're happy to share.
1.3, use of STEP process. 3.4 management of injury, 4.1 work rate, 5.1 use of signals and 5.4 communication with assistants. All the rest were 7’s.

Scary reading... 1caution, 0 KMI's, 0 Major Devs, 0 LUCK

Didn't think the season had started anywhere yet

Last edited:
Scary reading... 1caution, 0 KMI's, 0 Major Devs, 0 LUCK

Didn't think the season had started anywhere yet
Pretty much, one of those things I guess. Reading the observer report I’m struggle to see what I can even appeal, it was a totally nothing fixture. Like being assessed on a preseason match.

Ultimately though, I don’t have aspirations of level 3 this season anyway. I considered this season a bit of a ‘free hit’ and bedding in period. just learn the ropes and enjoy it

Pretty much, one of those things I guess. Reading the observer report I’m struggle to see what I can even appeal, it was a totally nothing fixture. Like being assessed on a preseason match.

Ultimately though, I don’t have aspirations of level 3 this season anyway. I considered this season a bit of a ‘free hit’ and bedding in period. just learn the ropes and enjoy it
Sounds like you had a good game. There's an awful lot of luck involved

Getting good marks at the start of the season can result in you getting a better quality of match, so don't think of it as a "free hit". Starting well, will put you in the eyes of the appointing officer rather than at the back of the queue.

I wouldnt fret too much at this point anyway. My first observation was 71.4 in the season I got promoted. Similar to you, nothing happened, 1 caution. Marathon not a sprint and all that.

Keep going @QuaverRef, there will be other opportunities to demonstrate your skills in more challenging matches.

Does anyone have a copy of the L4 observation criteria? The 5-4 is freely available but I can't find this one. I have an observation coming up so wanted to prepare for it.

Does anyone have a copy of the L4 observation criteria? The 5-4 is freely available but I can't find this one. I have an observation coming up so wanted to prepare for it.
Just uploaded the Observers form to Resources. Hope this helps..

Back