A&H

MLS Inside Video Review

socal lurker

RefChat Addict
PRO, the US Professional Referee Organization, does a review of the use of Video Review. They have one up now from the "MLS is Back" Tournament. It is a about 7 minutes long, and addresses the use of VR on several handling incidents. For those interested in how VR really works, it has the synced video images the VAR is using, as well as much of the soundtrack for the communications in the VR booth and with the R.

The Referee Store
PRO, the US Professional Referee Organization, does a review of the use of Video Review. They have one up now from the "MLS is Back" Tournament. It is a about 7 minutes long, and addresses the use of VR on several handling incidents. For those interested in how VR really works, it has the synced video images the VAR is using, as well as much of the soundtrack for the communications in the VR booth and with the R.

That's sum good efficient and clear VAR reviews for handling d ball

Good that, agree with them all but not sure why player in 3rd clip got a caution unless for dissent.

Think PL refs and VAR in general would be far better thought of we showed the clips like this in the PL

Good that, agree with them all but not sure why player in 3rd clip got a caution unless for dissent.

Think PL refs and VAR in general would be far better thought of we showed the clips like this in the PL
This has long been an incredibly obvious fact to everyone except those who work for the PGMOL....

While not being perfect, I do think PRO/MLS does a solid job with VAR. The one thing I do like is that they don't mess around with the offside lines. I think that forces MLS to truly look for obvious offside errors, which is the real intent of VAR related to offside.

I also like these video clips and related audio are helpful.

The Premier League absolutely should be doing something like this. Understandable to go slow for the first year but it will be a huge communication failure next season if they don't go in this sort of direction next season.

The clip of Michael Oliver from 2018 FA Cup final went down very ell, as did something like Neville/Carragher's Sky programme in 2017. The problem is you get something like that which is positively received and then don't get anything else for a couple more years.

When did Mike Riley last give a public interview, by the way?

Back