A&H

Mings Handball

You don't think a top premier league striker is 'likely' to gain possession there? I think so. However, it really doesn't scream DOGSO and there is no expectation. But I think Vardy is 'likely' to gain possession.

I think he is as well, but is likely enough, especially when the ball is that far away. You just won't see red cards for that.

The Referee Store
I think he is as well, but is likely enough, especially when the ball is that far away. You just won't see red cards for that.
Personally I would say it is enough. He’s perfectly in line with the ball and no other defenders in the way. The only way of him not getting that ball is by falling over. Let’s face it, he’s got a tap in

Better refs than us @Grayson don’t know the actual LOTG but it’s ok,

.....they can all pass a bleep test! They’ll be fine out there causing chaos but they’re all fit as a butchers dog!

I don't really understand the reasoning behind thinking a ball going directly to the feet of a player isn't 'likely to gain possession'. Can anyone explain the reasoning?
  • distance between the offence and the goal - Roughly 8 yards
  • general direction of the play - Across face of goal, attacking
  • likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball - High. No defenders in the way, Vardy in line with the path of the ball
  • location and number of defenders - One who commits the handball, no defender within shot of Vardy

EDIT: Screenshot added

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    215.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
1374D4D2-A1CD-4C95-9C56-ED2F3344E9AD.jpegI’ve got to say after rewatching it again. I still don’t think it’s handball however the fact it was given definitely meets DOGSO for me, especially this angle where you can see had it not been for Mings touch then Vardy had a tap in.

Back