A&H

Millwall v Middlesbrough

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
penalty to millwall.
Ref gives it no issue, straight up.
But then before issuing a card walks to assistant. Assistant must have said that the Millwall player made an attempt to get the ball. I beg to differ.
The Millwall player ran straight into the back of the slowing Middlesbrough player who was looking like he was about to place his shot. Definitely DOGSO, but even taking double jeopardy into consideration I dont think he made any genuine attempt for the ball.

The Referee Store
I’m a Middlesbrough fan so I may be accidentally biased but I do agree, I couldn’t believe that they came to the conclusion that it was a genuine attempt to play the ball.

The referee in my eyes had a very poor game. There Millwall player throwing an elbow at Djed Spence In the line of the referee, very similar to the Mitrovic one a few weeks back but this one left Spence with a broken nose.There was also Woods kicking out at McNair right at the feet of the referee but there wasnt even a talking to. Finally, Assombalonga put in a challenge which was reckless, borderline excessive force. Game played on with no advantage signal shown only for the ref to come back and book him which initially left the Millwall players/angry as it looked like the ref ignored the challenge initially

rant over :cool:

I’m a Middlesbrough fan so I may be accidentally biased but I do agree, I couldn’t believe that they came to the conclusion that it was a genuine attempt to play the ball.

The referee in my eyes had a very poor game. There Millwall player throwing an elbow at Djed Spence In the line of the referee, very similar to the Mitrovic one a few weeks back but this one left Spence with a broken nose.There was also Woods kicking out at McNair right at the feet of the referee but there wasnt even a talking to. Finally, Assombalonga put in a challenge which was reckless, borderline excessive force. Game played on with no advantage signal shown only for the ref to come back and book him which initially left the Millwall players/angry as it looked like the ref ignored the challenge initially

rant over :cool:

Yes, forgot about those two incidents (Wallace on Spence and the kick out by Woods).
I only watched it because of Woods (Brentford fan myself). Used to like him but he is, sadly like a lot of players who leave Brentford, a shadow of his former self.

Back