A&H

Middlesbrough WWF

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
Ive never seen a team come to the Lane intent on cheating, fouling, pulling and just not there to play football. Daniel Ayala, a Sunday league footballer at best shouldn’t deserve a professional shirt, spent most of the first half wrestling our forwards and had two orange cards to get his eventual red. I agree with the Boro fan on here that there are problems there! Pullis is a dinosaur!

The lookalikee Mike Dean was also awful, petty decisions and missed 2 clear holding penalties. Even marked a free kick with the spray and moved our own player behind the 10 yard line on our FK.. WTF

The Referee Store
Referee glasses sadly as well!!! I'm usually fair on officials, I say what I see!! (Like the Non-goal last week from King Billy)

MFC were a shambled tonight, if thats what millions buys you then I'm glad we're built on a shoestring!!!

Last edited:
Middlesbrough manager Tony Pulis told BBC Radio Tees:

"I'm really disappointed with the goal. I think the linesman's decision for it to be a free-kick is shocking. If they're going to give a free-kick for that then the lad who scored the goal has pushed and jumped on Dael (Fry) and the referee's in a great position to give it and doesn't give it. It's a free-kick every minute of the day.

"It was such a big game tonight and we have a referee who's only refereed eight games in the Championship all season.

"You look around and you've got other referees who are refereeing Premier League games and dropping down - that's not the referee's fault, that's the person in charge and that can't be right. That's not good enough."........ JUST WOW!!!!!!

Middlesbrough manager Tony Pulis told BBC Radio Tees:

"I'm really disappointed with the goal. I think the linesman's decision for it to be a free-kick is shocking. If they're going to give a free-kick for that then the lad who scored the goal has pushed and jumped on Dael (Fry) and the referee's in a great position to give it and doesn't give it. It's a free-kick every minute of the day.

"It was such a big game tonight and we have a referee who's only refereed eight games in the Championship all season.

"You look around and you've got other referees who are refereeing Premier League games and dropping down - that's not the referee's fault, that's the person in charge and that can't be right. That's not good enough."........ JUST WOW!!!!!!

"I didn't get the referee I wanted and it's not fair wah wah". What a dinosaur.

It would be great for the interviewer to ask the serial moaners of the manager fraternity, "without referencing the referee, could you tell us what happened tonight". I'm not sure managers like Pulis would be able to do it, apart from saying "we were unlucky". The sooner clubs stop hiring him the better

In fairness to Pulis, the recruitment team has failed him so he's trying to make the best out of what he's got.

Ayala's red was bang on but for what it's worth, we're a physical side but I didn't think we crossed a line last night and Ayala gave as good as he got from Gary Madine who spent more time crying than playing football in the second half. I think you might have those tinted glasses on Shef! The holding for the corner was from both players but shock horror, Madine was the one flailing his arms around

Just to add, I didn't think the goal was a foul and the result was deserved.

Last edited:
I have to say I hadn't really seen this side of you before, Sheff but I think perhaps you are looking at this one through your red and white striped glasses. Now, maybe I'm looking at it with my "red with a white chest-band tinted glasses" but I have to agree with my fellow medioburgensian @QuaverRef.

Wise words @QuaverRef, I also thought flecks challenge was orange too.
Harsh on the goal to say push as he hadn’t seen any grabs / pushes all evening so that was minute to what had already gone,

Wise words @QuaverRef, I also thought flecks challenge was orange too.
Harsh on the goal to say push as he hadn’t seen any grabs / pushes all evening so that was minute to what had already gone,

I think the goal looked worse that it was. The screenshots show Stearman on the back of Fry so it looks like climbing or a push but in real time it's just Fry standing still and Stearman attacking the ball. Por defending from a defender learning his trade really!

I think a yellow for Fleck's challenge was fair as well. Alright, it was 2 footed and you could argue not in control based on that but he got all of the ball, he didn't come off the ground, Britt made the most out of it and so did the bench.

Once again though Randolph has done everything in his power to keep us in that game and the playoff push as a whole. Seriously underrated goalkeeper at this level.

Both keepers made two good saves each, the Duffy shot in the first half took a deflection too so great reflex. Randolph went with his wrong hand so it one one for the cameras really! Gordon Banks would have been proud, both sets of supporters were gracious in their appreciation.

This shin pad stupidity needs to stop
What I don't understand is why clubs let their highly valuable and highly paid players go out onto the field with such totally inadequate shin protection. You'd think they would want to minimize the chances of injury to their players. Surely it's very much in their financial interests to avoid having players unavailable to play for wholly preventable reasons.

I boomed in on the picture, from where I was it looked like he hadn't any on at all!! He was the one kicked by Ayala for his second yellow so he did need something on TBF!!!

Kieron Dowell, on loan from Everton, looks a very good prospect TBF!!!

As a Boro fan I absoloutely love Ayala as well. He can get a bid handsy at times and has the occasional rush of blood like the Sheffield game but he’s easily one of the best centre backs in that division.

He has the incredible ability to wind up every opposition player and fan he comes up against

Last edited:
@QuaverRef I like you am a Boro fan. D. Ayala has been a revelation since joining, and has potential to go on to become a Boro Great
Thats a long list then!!! :angel::angel: Geez, if he's great, then Bash and O'connell who weren't playing should get International call ups!!!
Thats another Alan Partridge statement!!

Back