A&H

Middlesbrough v Leeds

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Summerville scores the 4th for Leeds, jumps on the ad boards and even hugs the fans and gets no card which is normally given in every other game.
He gets subbed off, ref asks him to go off quickly and from the side and he goes slowly to the centre ignoring the ref.

And right before the 90th minute, Leeds get a throw in (3-4 at this point and Middlesbrough really back in this) and the left back walks very slowly to the ball that is on the pitch. Ref signals for him to speed it up and he continues to walk... Then kicks the ball on the pitch off of it and goes, slowly, to get the ball on the cone. Still no card.

Dan James wins free kick in front of benches. Ref doesn't seem to think it's enough to go over and see if he needs treatment and Dan James stays down as long as possible with no official checking on him or hurrying him back up.

No punishment whatsoever for blatant time wasting.

The Referee Store
Just seen the offside too for one of Leeds goals (only watched last half hour or so)...
IMG_4583.jpeg
To be fair, it just looks like incredible timing that Bamford is perfectly blocking the AR’s view.

With James, it looks like a broken rib. He went down the tunnel straight away with the medical staff after staying on the floor after the FT whistle.

However, I was surprised more time wasn’t added on top of the 5

View attachment 7270
To be fair, it just looks like incredible timing that Bamford is perfectly blocking the AR’s view.

With James, it looks like a broken rib. He went down the tunnel straight away with the medical staff after staying on the floor after the FT whistle.

However, I was surprised more time wasn’t added on top of the 5
Me too.
I wasn't meaning James wasn't hurt, it was more the referee not going over to see if he needed medical attention as he was down (ie didn't get straight back up) or to speed him up to get up. He stood back and effectively allowed James to take his time, delaying the restart for whatever reason, genuinely injured or not. There was no "come on, let's go, move". It was like the referee was happy to be killing time.

Back