A&H

Michael Oliver.....

The Referee Store
I was under the impression a pull was a foul. I have been enlightened. Don't know what these big decisions Oliver got right were. His cautioning was very inconsistent.

You are absolutely correct, a pull is a foul, but touching someone's hand isn't a pull, hence why Di Maria wasn't fouled !!

I too, was very impressed with Mr Oliver's performance last night and I also loved to hear the commentators compliment the referee for a change.
He kept himself very composed - you could see that he wasn't very happy with Di Maria but he kept his cool :)

Attachments

• 1907574_935195763158181_6856269370448775995_n.jpg
    1907574_935195763158181_6856269370448775995_n.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 14
@deusex Are you, perchance, a Man Utd fan? :D

I'm intrigued: my father (who also supports the same team as me) often argues with me over my not favouring us when I watch a game. It seems here that @deusex isn't looking past his personal bias - do others find that they can't, or that the ref gets a littlemore slack when you watch your team now you are refs?

Although I spend most time slating them lately I am technically a fan. There could be some subconscious bias.
But there is certianly anti Man Utd bias in some of these comments about how great the ref was.
I suppose Bellerin shouldn't have had a 2nd yellow either?
and by the logic on here where was Welbeck YC for his dive in the box?

I just thnk you could be more supportive of a colleague who gave a good account of themselves in a difficult fixture.

You must be the only person who thinks MO had anything other than a good game !
41 yellows for dissent? that's rather a lot !
Erm, no. I agree in some part with what @deusex has said.
Michael Oliver had a decent game but it was far from perfect and there was plenty of discrepancies over the 90 minutes. I've listed them earlier in this thread.
He should be applauded for some of his decisions but as for the whole game, I think he could have done better. It's water under the bridge now and I'm sure he'll have learned a lot from the night.

You utd fans miss old whiskey nose and his ability to scare officials into utd favouring decisions eh? :D

Erm, no. I agree in some part with what @deusex has said.
Michael Oliver had a decent game but it was far from perfect and there was plenty of discrepancies over the 90 minutes. I've listed them earlier in this thread.
He should be applauded for some of his decisions but as for the whole game, I think he could have done better. It's water under the bridge now and I'm sure he'll have learned a lot from the night.

OK then, there are two of you !

OK then, there are two of you !
I support Doncaster Rovers and proud of the fact.
Also I happen to agree with some of the points made by @deusex.
Read my initial post and the comments I made. I believe they're balanced and neutral and merely highlights that I don't think Oliver had the great game everyone believes he did. But why bother reading comments when you can gloat and goad instead?

I have read your comments. Not gloating (can't think why I would be) or goading. Just pointing out that two of you don't agree with the rest that Oliver had a good game. We will agree to disagree !

I support Doncaster Rovers and proud of the fact.
Also I happen to agree with some of the points made by @deusex.
Read my initial post and the comments I made. I believe they're balanced and neutral and merely highlights that I don't think Oliver had the great game everyone believes he did. But why bother reading comments when you can gloat and goad instead?
I have one huge issue with this thread which leads me to think you're a liar...

No one, and I mean no one, is proud to support Doncaster rovers

I have one huge issue with this thread which leads me to think you're a liar...

No one, and I mean no one, is proud to support Doncaster rovers
Four promotions (2 in play off finals), two league titles, one JPT and I'll even add two relegations both 'achieved' with style.
All the above since 2003 so, the past dozen or so years have been pretty good and there's not many teams that will have achieved more than our "little pub team having a laugh". I even enjoyed the Conference years before that.

Reactions: SM
Four promotions (2 in play off finals), two league titles, one JPT and I'll even add two relegations both 'achieved' with style.
All the above since 2003 so, the past dozen or so years have been pretty good and there's not many teams that will have achieved more than our "little pub team having a laugh". I even enjoyed the Conference years before that.

Blackpool fc. That is all

Blackpool fc. That is all
The only ones of the 92 I could additionally think of would be:-
Southampton, Leicester City, AFC Bournemouth, Wolves, Fleetwood, Crawley, Yeovil and perhaps Newport and AFC Wimbledon.
Do Blackpool fans regret the season in the PL?

The only ones of the 92 I could additionally think of would be:-
Southampton, Leicester City, AFC Bournemouth, Wolves, Fleetwood, Crawley, Yeovil and perhaps Newport and AFC Wimbledon.
Do Blackpool fans regret the season in the PL?
Not at all... Best season supporting football I have ever, and will ever have... Beating Liverpool home and away... Going 2-0 up vs United and having a stonewall pen turned down before throwing it away... Getting relegated, on the last day of the season in dramatic fashion at top of the table man utd... First say of the season smashing Wigan 4-1 away, on a sunny day with a travelling support of around 5000.

Easily the best trip I've over been on.

And now for relegations back to league 2, where it all started, 14 years ago

Pleased for wigan that they finally managed a goal, callum, tho' they didn't manage it on the day.

top of the premier league for a for a few hours - how good were we

Pleased for wigan that they finally managed a goal, callum, tho' they didn't manage it on the day.

top of the premier league for a for a few hours - how good were we
Very true. It keeps getting better ;)

Ahh yes, bfc top of prem and pne bottom of championship hahaha

Back