A&H

Michael Oliver little mistake?

SM

The avuncular one
capital one cup final. Sakho and Can collide and yet both go to the sideline?

It doesn't look like they are getting more treatment? Bit of a minor mistake if they were told to go off

The Referee Store
I suspect they have both been taken off under the head injury protocol, meaning they should be assessed by the doctor

I don't think so, at least one of them came straight back on when the whistle was blown (not sure about the other, the camera darted away).

I don't think so, at least one of them came straight back on when the whistle was blown (not sure about the other, the camera darted away).
I was going to say the same thing. I only have the Sky Sports 1 coverage to go by but I don't see any indication that Can leaves the pitch or that the referee tells Sakho to go to the sideline (it appears to me that either he or the physio just decides he should go there). Also, by the time we can see the ball back in play, Sakho has already returned.

What about his big mistake? (and I don't mean how far Caballero was off his line for Coutinho's penalty!)

Last edited:
The crazy no look Moreno challenge on augero? Definitely a penalty, thankfully not given. :) although didn't matter in the end as city won anyway.

The crazy no look Moreno challenge on augero? Definitely a penalty, thankfully not given. :) although didn't matter in the end as city won anyway.
Of course it matters @SM. City penalty, they score (probably) and the game is won in normal time. Both teams are 'saved' from extra time with Wednesday's return fixture in mind. With due respect to both teams, Wednesday's fixture is probably the more important of the two.
But we're already having this 'consequences of a player's action' debate elsewhere.

Definite penalty, I was looking right down on it and it was a stone waller, I honestly thought that there was something I hadn't seen. Very odd decision! :confused:

Whilst we're on minor mistakes, one that wasn't shown on TV. After Navas' penalty, when the camera panned away, he quite literally booted the ball into the crowd (think John Smiths "ave it" advert) :D Surely that should be a booking?

Back