The Ref Stop

MCI CRY what was the offence?

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Ederson just rolled the ball out, it left his hand, was intercepted, Palace scored into an open goal, ref disallowed, would hsve been 0-3 to Palace.

What was the offence here?

(Didn’t Karius get caught out like this…)

The Ref Stop
Haaland high foot, studs to the head, no yellow card. TBH I don’t understand EPL refereeing anymore.

(I’m lucky enough to br able to watch the 3pm kick offs, and I’m spoiled for choice. Amazing action.)

Haaland high foot, studs to the head, no yellow card. TBH I don’t understand EPL refereeing anymore.

(I’m lucky enough to br able to watch the 3pm kick offs, and I’m spoiled for choice. Amazing action.)
Shocking he didn't get booked. The defender didn't lower his head that much even.

Ederson just rolled the ball out, it left his hand, was intercepted, Palace scored into an open goal, ref disallowed, would hsve been 0-3 to Palace.

What was the offence here?

(Didn’t Karius get caught out like this…)
Thought back to the Karius one when I saw it.

Don't know in what world Darren England can rule that out! He's been very inconsistent with some other decisions as well.

Not seen it but for referees sake it better have been the correct call

0-3 and thats an away win, 0-2 with goal chalked off, home team roll sleeves up

there is, or should be, no room for huge errors. Too much at stake, as proven here

Thought back to the Karius one when I saw it.

Don't know in what world Darren England can rule that out! He's been very inconsistent with some other decisions as well.
Thanks. I thought I was going nuts. I would like to see it a third time. But it was a good goal. To give a DFK was an an error in law, a clear and obvious error, and VAR should have stepped in to fix it. Instead of being 0-3 down, the team came back to win 4-2. Farcical for me.

Thanks. I thought I was going nuts. I would like to see it a third time. But it was a good goal. To give a DFK was an an error in law, a clear and obvious error, and VAR should have stepped in to fix it. Instead of being 0-3 down, the team came back to win 4-2. Farcical for me.

I'm pretty sure the whistle blew before the goal was scored so var can't do anything.

I think it's one of those that we can argue if it's technically an offense on a referee forum but not a single player really complained when he called it.

One of the highlights vids I saw should Ederson running out and cut off before the incident. :wall:

Not the best of vids for first angle, looks like the Palace player run across the keeper as he is about to release the ball, the 2nd goal facing view looks more cut, Palace player throws a leg out as the keeper is in the process of releasing. Think it would cause far more controversy to allow it to stand than not.

He doesn't stop him releasing the ball. The ball leaves his hand then the Palace player plays the ball. I do not see the offence here. Did the Palace player start to move his foot when Ederson still had the ball in hand, yes, but that's not an offence, surely.

He doesn't stop him releasing the ball. The ball leaves his hand then the Palace player plays the ball. I do not see the offence here. Did the Palace player start to move his foot when Ederson still had the ball in hand, yes, but that's not an offence, surely.

You wouldn't consider that an attempt to play the ball while the keeper is in the process of releasing the ball?

I think he plays the ball after the keeper releases the ball...

But is that still apart of the "process of releasing the ball"?

In the end, do we really want attackers to be challenging the GK a few tenths of a second after they release it? Do you want that happening regularly at the grassroots level? No one is really complaining about this. The CP players all accepted the decision as if it was expected.

Back