A&H

MCFC v Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
That looked like the correct decision.

I was more intrigued by the offside goal. He looked offside and I’m not sure if it’s the angle or the way the lines were drawn.

Also, there was a kicking out in the game. Isn’t that a straight red rather than the yellow given?

That looked like the correct decision.

I was more intrigued by the offside goal. He looked offside and I’m not sure if it’s the angle or the way the lines were drawn.

Also, there was a kicking out in the game. Isn’t that a straight red rather than the yellow given?
Presume you mean Dias on White? If so, then not for me, kicking out isn't an offence in itself. It would have to be for violent conduct, and for that it would need to use brutality or excessive force. I don't think it was even close to those thresholds, rather was a petulant little flick, and therefore a caution was correct.

I was expecting you to post this ngl mate, I was surprised when I checked this morning and it hadn’t been posted.

But this shouldn’t be a debate it’s quite clearly not a penalty. Correct decision made

I've seen one angle where it looks like a penalty, but several angles where it looks KDB kicks Partey. Correct decision IMO and although I can the the alternative view, it's certainly not a C&O error that would warrant VAR intervention.

Presume you mean Dias on White? If so, then not for me, kicking out isn't an offence in itself. It would have to be for violent conduct, and for that it would need to use brutality or excessive force. I don't think it was even close to those thresholds, rather was a petulant little flick, and therefore a caution was correct.
There was no need for any force, ergo any kick out was excessive... ;)

How is this even a question? Oh yeah, because of a certain user and the team involved! :confused:

I was more interested in, even in the world of the Premier League and "managing the occasion", how Partey got away without a 2nd yellow for a blatant rugby tackle. Same in the Southampton vs Bournemouth game last night, fairly cynical rugby tackle near half way, no card. :eek:

I've seen one angle where it looks like a penalty, but several angles where it looks KDB kicks Partey. Correct decision IMO and although I can the the alternative view, it's certainly not a C&O error that would warrant VAR intervention.
Classic example of angles and point of view being everything. Many of the replays on the United States (NBC/Peacock) broadcast made me think penalty, but the first view I thought it was a foul on KDB as Partey "established position" (I know that's more of a basketball term, but I can't think of a better term to use until my coffee kicks in) and KDB did kick him.

In any case, definitely not a decision that should be overturned with VAR.

Classic example of angles and point of view being everything. Many of the replays on the United States (NBC/Peacock) broadcast made me think penalty, but the first view I thought it was a foul on KDB as Partey "established position" (I know that's more of a basketball term, but I can't think of a better term to use until my coffee kicks in) and KDB did kick him.

In any case, definitely not a decision that should be overturned with VAR.
I think that term actually works pretty well! By getting himself between KDB and the ball Partey was always likely to get the FK.

I think Dias was very lucky with the kick out on White. It kinda glances off the calf. If White he moved a little differently it could have easily been square on the calf and presented much worse for a RC.

(I was desperate for Arsenal to do well but what a show from Haaland and KDB (and Akanji again). Can’t help think Xhaka wasn’t fit and this gifted the midfield to City.)

How is this even a question? Oh yeah, because of a certain user and the team involved! :confused:

I was more interested in, even in the world of the Premier League and "managing the occasion", how Partey got away without a 2nd yellow for a blatant rugby tackle. Same in the Southampton vs Bournemouth game last night, fairly cynical rugby tackle near half way, no card. :eek:
Stop it. You don't know what my view is, and it's indeed all down to angles but I'm genuinely surprised that people think it's clear it's not a penalty (rather than not a clear error). It's the last second of the clip where Partey looks to "plant his foot" on De Bruyne's right ankle. IF he hits De Bruyne's foot before Partey's foot touches the ground, is that a penalty?

Stop it. You don't know what my view is, and it's indeed all down to angles but I'm genuinely surprised that people think it's clear it's not a penalty (rather than not a clear error). It's the last second of the clip where Partey looks to "plant his foot" on De Bruyne's right ankle. IF he hits De Bruyne's foot before Partey's foot touches the ground, is that a penalty?
But he didn't, he planted his foot and de Bruyne then clearly kicks him. It is 100% not even possibly a penalty.

Please don't make this an "everyone hates Man City" thing, I've had a testing day at work and I really can't be dealing with any nonsense.

I hesitate to start the thread but I can't believe no-one else has.

You should have hesitated quite a lot more
This is not a talking point

I like most of your posts when Man C are not involved. You go against the grain, which I like a lot. But you're off the wall when it come to the Blues
Honestly, I didn't bat an eyelid at this incident when watching it live. I couldn't give a monkeys who won this game either
It's hard to tell with my posts because I admittedly go on the wind up sometimes, but this is a non-event I promise you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back