A&H

Matty Wilson Red Card - Alfreton

deusex

RefChat Addict

Nice play acting by the red to help get his opponent sent off.
I've a competely different angle from the ref, but from mine it's not even a free kick

The Referee Store
I have to agree with Paul here, he is walking all day for me. A player who lunges for the ball engendering the safety of an opponent. The very definition of SFP.

Deusex - In the interests of discussion/learning - which what this is forum is here for - what leads you to your "no free kick" 'decision'?

Thanks

lol that's a straight red. Would be interested to hear how you got to no foul @deusex?

Two foot, lunge (admittedly along the floor), wrapped around the attacker at the end of it. It's a mess.

Very poor challenge for me.

I've a competely different angle from the ref, but from mine it's not even a free kick
Is guessing (or perhaps hoping) that your comment is made to stimulate discussion? Clear red card for me - awful challenge.

upload_2016-9-9_15-32-18.png
If the opposition player is even in the same postcode when the lunge happens then I'd agree.
He's almost lunged at a loose ball. Red player is never in any danger.

lol that's a straight red. Would be interested to hear how you got to no foul @deusex?

Two foot, lunge (admittedly along the floor), wrapped around the attacker at the end of it. It's a mess.

Very poor challenge for me.

When we as refs use "two foot" to justify a red card we are fueling the myth that a 2 footed tackle is always a red. It's perfectly possible to make a legal 2 footed tackle.
Also "wrapped around the striker"?? The player pulls his legs back into himself, barely touches the opposition player who then theatrically kits the deck!

View attachment 966
If the opposition player is even in the same postcode when the lunge happens then I'd agree.
He's almost lunged at a loose ball. Red player is never in any danger.

Do you know something i am going to back track a little here because based on the above still and having watched the slow mo about 10 times i can see where @deusex is coming from. Having said that in real time and from the angle the ref was at i can certainly see why he has gone straight leg because it does look bad. I would still question wether the yellow player was in control or not though.

There could certainly be an angle (perhaps the ref's!) which shows it to be much worse.
I've seen countless incidents on TV where I thought a red was harsh until I saw it from the fourth angle they show and realised it was a stone waller

That's a mad tackle from the yellow player, he's miles away from anything when he starts his lunge. But...he's still miles away from the opponent when he makes contact with the ball and has slowed significantly by the time he does make contact with the red player. I think I'd be tempted to go with yellow, although I can understand the argument for red.

That is 100% a red card, both feet off the ground, totally out of control, makes contact with opponent, etc.

Not sure how there can be any justification from referees as to how he can remain on the pitch after that.

Nice play acting by the red to help get his opponent sent off.

What kind of league do you referee in if that's not a free kick? Prison league? :p

Jumping 2-footed tackle with studs facing directly at the opponent. That's definitely PIADM as a minimum. I think the opponent was far enough away that there wasn't much risk to the opponent (the yellow player was firmly back on the ground by the time the opponent came close), but it's still a very reckless tackle. YC for me.

That is 100% a red card, both feet off the ground, totally out of control, makes contact with opponent, etc.

Not sure how there can be any justification from referees as to how he can remain on the pitch after that.

Have you read any other posts?
Because he was completely on the ground well before contact was made?

Have you read any other posts?
Because he was completely on the ground well before contact was made?

So what? He's made contact with a tackle that he had absolutely no control over. If you leave the ground with both feet the only way you can stay on is if there is no contact with the opposing player, and that wasn't the case here.

Did it use excessive force? Well yes it ticks that as it was two footed and off the ground. Did it endanger the opponent? Again, yes it did. That has to be a red card.

So what? He's made contact with a tackle that he had absolutely no control over. If you leave the ground with both feet the only way you can stay on is if there is no contact with the opposing player, and that wasn't the case here.

Did it use excessive force? Well yes it ticks that as it was two footed and off the ground. Did it endanger the opponent? Again, yes it did. That has to be a red card.
Rusty is definitely not on the fence with this one LOL.....

TWO FOOTED TWO FOOTED TWO FOOTED!!
Are you a player or a ref? Page number where it says 2 footed challenges are automatic red cards please.
Now if you want to talk about a player being out of control then fine.
I don't think this payer is being sent off for "using excessive force". He's hardly "clattered" him
"Endangering the safety of an opponent" would have to be the offence surely?

Last edited:
TWO FOOTED TWO FOOTED TWO FOOTED!!
Are you a player or a ref? Page number where it says 2 footed challenges are automatic red cards please.
Now if you want to talk about a player being out of control then fine.
I don't think this payer is being sent off for "using excessive force". He's hardly "clattered" him
"Endangering the safety of an opponent" would have to be the offence surely?

Two footed, one footed, I really don't care. My point is that he is out of control in that challenge and has left the ground, and for me that has used excessive force and certainly endangered his opponent. OK, in the contact wasn't that serious but was through luck more than any kind of skill or judgement.

Back