A&H

Matches in summer

callmemyref

Hi,
What’s going on with grassroots football here the UK in summer?

I heard that it’s forbidden, isn’t it?

and I have applied for the promotion for the next year, how can I keep myself in match shape?

The Referee Store
there will likely be summer leagues you can officiate (i know there are in yorkshire)

but also you can just do some fintess sessions?

there will likely be summer leagues you can officiate (i know there are in yorkshire)

but also you can just do some fintess sessions?
Thank you.

I always do fitness sessions, but when you do them 5-6 days a week you get tired of them and become unmotivated. So I need matches as well

Hi,
What’s going on with grassroots football here the UK in summer?

I heard that it’s forbidden, isn’t it?

and I have applied for the promotion for the next year, how can I keep myself in match shape?
The FA rules prohibit football in June each year, with the exception of some short-sided (e. g. 5-a-side tournaments) so make sure you only referee in games authorised and sanctioned by your County FA.

Having missed more or less an entire season there is some talk locally of arranging summer football. Opinion is quite mixed - some are keen to get matches but others are doubtful they can get their players together over the summer period when they might have other interests.

Having missed more or less an entire season there is some talk locally of arranging summer football. Opinion is quite mixed - some are keen to get matches but others are doubtful they can get their players together over the summer period when they might have other interests.

Once the Euros start, there's no chance of getting me anywhere near a football pitch.

If I'm not at work, I'll be sat watching a daily feast of international football with cider in hand. :D 👍

Reactions: es1
Once the Euros start, there's no chance of getting me anywhere near a football pitch.

If I'm not at work, I'll be sat watching a daily feast of international football with cider in hand. :D 👍
Snakebite next... A slippery slope

• Haha
Reactions: Kes

Are you sure? Even if there was a ticket offered for Euros for you ?:))

This is a (hopefully) unique season. Leagues are allowed to extend into June, which is normally a banned month for 11-a-side football. I don't think that exception would extend to other competitions playing in June though, so you really would need to contact your CFA.

Off topic slightly but summer is for cricket etc. Football will soon be back to 10 months a year for everyone. More than enough!

As for keeping fit, take up a summer sport. Best way to keep the interest up. Cricket is my chosen summer sport but if you don't want to play you can umpire if the game interests you. Get paid for officiating and you'll be amazed how much distance is covered even by umpires during the match.

Don’t get me wrong, I like cricket but how do the umpires cover any distance?
100 overs. There are 2 umpire usually, 1 stands behind the bowling end and one parallel to the crease at the batters end so 100 time back and to. Then back and to the pavilion for lunch and Tea 😂

100 overs. There are 2 umpire usually, 1 stands behind the bowling end and one parallel to the crease at the batters end so 100 time back and to. Then back and to the pavilion for lunch and Tea
Up and down to the buffet table.

100 overs. There are 2 umpire usually, 1 stands behind the bowling end and one parallel to the crease at the batters end so 100 time back and to. Then back and to the pavilion for lunch and Tea 😂

Got to bring your own tea cause of covid 😭😭

90 overs in our league games. My partners dad is an umpire and he does about 3km, which is a good effort for someone his age! But being serious, if you're struggling to stay motivated for fitness during the off season then take up a summer sport. Being competitive makes exercise much easier

I'm going to be keeping tomorrow, first time in years as everyone else is away. Going to be sore Sunday for sure

Back