A&H

Match wallets new designs...

RobOda

RefChat Addict
Level 3 Referee
My old match wallet has given up the ghost thanks to a fairly sharp pencil.

So, I ordered the usual from Amazon, only to find they've re-designed the wallet. Now, instead of plastic points on the corners to keep your match report in, they've extended the plastic to cover 1/3rd of each half of the wallet.

To me, that completely defeats the point and renders those areas of the notebook completely unusable.

From searching around, it seems like every match wallet brand out there has gone for the same design decision. Frustrating.

Any ideas if any company has stuck with the old design? Or some alternatives to using the wallets? The write-on series seems quite expensive, so I'm looking at some of the waterproof match cards at the moment, which I will have to learn to use I guess.

The Referee Store
I have always had the new design. I only tuck in the match card in one side of the wallet and it holds well. Hasn't been a big issue as the only game I need the bit under the plastic is when the away team has a lot of 'activities', and in that case a quick slide out does it. I use my own match cards which is 300gsm and not thin paper.

You could always get your craft knife out and trim it back to the required size? Perfect.

That's the one I ordered, they've changed to the plastic being across the sides now.
You can get the same ones on Amazon for £4.50 (including postage) if you don't want to pay the £5 SD postage cost.

That's the one I ordered, they've changed to the plastic being across the sides now.
If you're on about the ones I'm thinking then I agree.
When you tuck them into the plastic sides you lose a bit of the writing area and it's annoying.
I actually then went and designed my own match cards to accommodate this.
I created it so as all my writing area was outside the plastic bit with player names/shirt numbers inside the plastic bit as these are filled pre match and don't need the area to edit anything.

Have since changed my boo so its null and void now.

Back