A&H

Match Fees

Rob

Level 9 Referee
Just wondered what you can claim regards match fees / travel expenses if you turn up for a fixture and one of the teams fails to show without any notice given ?. Can you claim your full match fee or just expenses ?
Any info be greatly appreciated as always :)

The Referee Store
Just wondered what you can claim regards match fees / travel expenses if you turn up for a fixture and one of the teams fails to show without any notice given ?. Can you claim your full match fee or just expenses ?
Any info be greatly appreciated as always :)

I believe it depends on the league. I know on my Saturday league I get full fee in this scenario

Cheers Herts. I think if we call it off if the pitch is unplayable due to weather conditions or other other means etc we can claim our travel but I am not what we can claim if one team fails to show.

Agree its competition rules, but 1 team no show usually means team in attendance pay full fee and league/comp sort it all out later.

Be sure to tell comp/referees sec yourself though, although team that DID turn up will obviously also do so, you should as well.

Cheers Herts. I think if we call it off if the pitch is unplayable due to weather conditions or other other means etc we can claim our travel but I am not what we can claim if one team fails to show.
The team who fails to show up gets the bill from the league. You will get full match fee plus expenses it may take some time though and you have to report it to the league. Nothing on the day as far as I am aware.

Read your league rules.
I used to referee in Hull.... on some occasions I got travel and on others I got full.

Just another tip... not really a great idea to have your beloved Hull badge as a profile pic.... one day it may not look so good when you are reffing in the premiership...

Last edited:
Ha ha . The days when I am reffing in the premiership Hull City wont be in it probably !

Lol... your probably right about that!

Back