RefSix

Match day 23&24

A couple of decent appointments for Pawson and Attwell. Also Darren England officiates his first EPL game. Be interesting to see how he gets on.

So that's England, Jones and Rrobinson all getting Premier League games so far this season. Could we be in line for all three of them getting promoted, which might mean a few retirements at the end of the season?

Mike Dean is doing his 500th Pl game at Arsenal which is a great achivement.

Attwell, Pawson, Kavanagh and Tierney have all had some high-profile game since start of December. Good to see some of the younger referees being pushed.

IMHO Dean would be a great loss. I think he’s brilliant and a great ambassador for what we do.
I agree - he's been one of my favourite PL referees for a long time and consistently up there with the best.

He's early 50s so obviously will have to stop at some point relatively soon but I think he's still been one of the best this season.

RustyRef

Administrator
Staff member
I agree - he's been one of my favourite PL referees for a long time and consistently up there with the best.

He's early 50s so obviously will have to stop at some point relatively soon but I think he's still been one of the best this season.
For me he has been the best over the past three seasons. Hardly ever gets anything wrong.