A&H

Mark Halsey Retirment

MGatiss

Level 4 Referee
On the day SAF has retired, it has also come to light thast Mark Halsey is also retiring. Quite a sad situation as he has been a great referee with fantastic man management skills as well as having real empathy with players and managers. The image of him with John Carver after the death of Gary Speed is one of many examples I can think of of his humility with the football world. All the best to him in the future.

The Referee Store
Gotta agree McGatiss - I live close by to Mark and he is a decent fella - Always thought he would get this years cup final but I think the Wigan game cost him

Couldn't agree more MGatiss! A very good referee with fantastic man management skills and a genuinely nice guy. I had the pleasure of meeting him back in 2011 at my local RA meeting; his story was truly inspiring and I learnt a lot from listening to him speak.

Ps. Mark, i'll never forget what you did for us at Wembley in 99. All us City fans are eternally grateful! :p

Best of luck to him. Good referee, and a top bloke. If you ever get the chance to listen to him speak about his illness and recovery, it is well worth a listen.

Back