A&H

Marco Veratti & PSG - Chelsea

The Bstard

If there's one thing I hate in the world, it's 'European' referees (this is a catch all, knowing full well its a stereotype).

Watching today's game between PSG & Chelsea, and wondering whether it'sa good refereeing performance, as the referee wasn't the centre of attention, and then realising that no it ****ing wasn't.

Early in the first half, Matic breaks free down the middle, and Veratti jumps, both feet off the ground, and takes the ball from the side. The commentators have a laugh, and say 'well, he was always intending to get something.' Yes - the man. It's a red card. Both feet off the floor, from behind, I don't care that he's won the ball. It's endangering the safety of an opponent.

Later, Veratti gets a yellow, again, jumping, both feet off the floor, leading with his left studs and catches Fabrega with his right following leg. I shouted at the TV, got a bemused look from the other half (who is also a keen football fan) who insisted the yellow was right.

The Dutch referee had a poor game all said - yellows for Luiz (shirt pulling), Ibrahimovic (blatant trip) and Costa (reckless tackle) all given as fouls only.

The leniency in European games is something I regularly see. And people say England is lenient...

(I'll try and hunt for some highlights tomorrow)

The Referee Store
Isn't he Turkish?

The second half tackle by veratti was as close to a red as I can imagine without it actually being given as red. At champions league level I was expecting the player to walk.

Must have missed the challenge as the acado delivery inconveniently arrived in the second half.

I thought he was Turkish as well.

Luiz should have got a yellow. Far too many small fouls for my liking. Also, curious to whether him moving the vanishing spray could be classed as unsporting behaviour.

Around the 10th minute of the game a PSG player (i think it was verrati) pulled down azpilicueta on the break which for me should have been the first yellow of the game.

Do professional clubs have different rules regarding kit? Azpilicueta wears black undershorts/garments and nothing is ever said.

Do professional clubs have different rules regarding kit? Azpilicueta wears black undershorts/garments and nothing is ever said.

stupid law making same colour as shorts / sleeves compulsory

should be left to the referee to decide whether the colours cause him a problem - they'll be allowing games to start with the goalkeepers wearing the same colour jerseys next.......oh, they already do

Reactions: SM
Back