A&H

Manchester Derby.

When City beat Burton 9-0 people seemed to think it wasn't a problem to finish bang on time, on the grounds that no-one wanted it to go on just to emphasise City's superiority.
Which is very different to blowing early at half time when the score is 0-0?

The Referee Store
I chose not to respond Graeme. Anything relating to City then their opinion isn't worth listening to.

The gulf between the two clubs is astronomical, and this wasn't even City at their best. They just cruised through that game. At their best I'm not sure I've ever seen a side so comfortable in possession

As much as Utd have fallen behind you might want to Google "astronomical".
Basically a GK error seperated the 2 sides. Hardly "astronomical"

As much as Utd have fallen behind you might want to Google "astronomical".
Basically a GK error seperated the 2 sides. Hardly "astronomical"

25 point gap at the moment. A goalkeeping error in no way separated the sides. There is a huge gulf in quality, work rate and technical ability. United worked their socks off for the first 30 mins but didn't commit men forward. City controlled the game after that. Let's not get bogged down in vocabulary but everything suggests that the difference between the two teams is huge. I'm not sure thennost ardent United fan would say otherwise. The manager certainly doesn't.

25 point gap at the moment. A goalkeeping error in no way separated the sides. There is a huge gulf in quality, work rate and technical ability. United worked their socks off for the first 30 mins but didn't commit men forward. City controlled the game after that. Let's not get bogged down in vocabulary but everything suggests that the difference between the two teams is huge. I'm not sure thennost ardent United fan would say otherwise. The manager certainly doesn't.

City are miles ahead, but weren't anywhere near top gear in this match. That's what I was getting at.
It could very easily have been 0-0
Suppose it doesn't really matter.
Utd have a manager that thinks Pogba is a leader... What chance do we have

Ah, but I think it is his system than enables it. He managed that at Barcelona, Bayern and now City. I don't think I've seen many teams do it with this quality or consistency, particularly from other managers.

I do admire his tactical knowledge, I would probably fail any football tactical coaching exam with ease. :p
And, dare I say it, most of your teams today will be trying to play it out from the back. Compare that to pre-PITUK.
(Pep in the UK)
Saves you that run back to the drop zone for the long kick from the goalie.

City are miles ahead, but weren't anywhere near top gear in this match. That's what I was getting at.

I thought 2nd half we were as good with the ball as we have been for a while. United played 5 at the back and a very deep midfield 3 and looked for long passes to Rashford. There was very little space to play. I don't mind teams doing this as you do what you thinks best to get a result but the fact that United are playing that way at home shows how far they've dropped. I like OGS as a bloke, but he's a walking cliche. "The MUFC way" etc etc and then sets up like Huddersfield. I think he's lost faith and confidence in alot of his players. Presumably because they're after moves away ie Pogba

I thought 2nd half we were as good with the ball as we have been for a while. United played 5 at the back and a very deep midfield 3 and looked for long passes to Rashford. There was very little space to play. I don't mind teams doing this as you do what you thinks best to get a result but the fact that United are playing that way at home shows how far they've dropped. I like OGS as a bloke, but he's a walking cliche. "The MUFC way" etc etc and then sets up like Huddersfield. I think he's lost faith and confidence in alot of his players. Presumably because they're after moves away ie Pogba

I'll help him pack!!

Exactly why I put ‘City weren’t at their best’ in my initial post...
City are miles ahead of united in terms of quality all over the pitch. United being beaten at home by a city side not in top gear is exactly why I said the gap between the sides are astronomical. Scoreline may have only been 2-0 but that’s flattering United

Back