A&H

Manchester City v Everton

Man City wont win the league ... you guys are living proof that money cannot buy you a title alone, and Aguero the best player since Ronaldo? you do remember Suarez right? that guy that pretty much single handily 'nearly' gifted Liverpool the league?

the winner of the league is the best team for that season, to say otherwise is ludicrous - I agree with cups etc, a team can have easier runs than others etc. but played over 38 games? luck is nothing over 38 games.

the league this year belongs to Arsenal in my opinion - Man City never seem to cope under pressure - and that'll be proven when the mighty Hammers complete a double Saturday and Arsenal move 4 points clear of you ... again.

The Referee Store
Don't get me started on how we got to "careless" not being yellow.
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here. A careless tackle is not a yellow card because the Laws of the Game state quite clearly that it is not.

The Laws even give additional clarification on page 119 (pdf version, 2015-16 edition) to help you decide which category a tackle falls into.

Careless, reckless, using excessive force
“Careless” means that the player has shown a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or that he acted without precaution.
• No further disciplinary sanction is needed if a foul is judged to be careless

“Reckless” means that the player has acted with complete disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, his opponent.
• A player who plays in a reckless manner must be cautioned

“Using excessive force” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.
• A player who uses excessive force must be sent off

the league this year belongs to Arsenal in my opinion - Man City never seem to cope under pressure - and that'll be proven when the mighty Hammers complete a double Saturday and Arsenal move 4 points clear of you ... again.

You bring these things on yourself you do Charlie. :D

I'd personally like to see the Gooners lift the trophy this season but I've a feeling they'll come up short during March when the pressure mounts up.
For me Man City, with a full - strength side out and playing well are pretty much unstoppable on their day and so I consider them to be the best team in the league. Milner was the one major weakness they had before and they soon offloaded him. Never rated him - even when he was at Toon.
Once City have everybody back to full fitness and clicking again next month, I reckon they'll step it up a notch and be out of sight come April. Just my opinion though. ;)

Man City wont win the league ... you guys are living proof that money cannot buy you a title alone, and Aguero the best player since Ronaldo? you do remember Suarez right? that guy that pretty much single handily 'nearly' gifted Liverpool the league?

the winner of the league is the best team for that season, to say otherwise is ludicrous - I agree with cups etc, a team can have easier runs than others etc. but played over 38 games? luck is nothing over 38 games.

Yes I remember Suarez. One amazing season does not make you an EPL great, ask Kevin Philips.
Luck is nothing over 38 games? If you have bad luck in 2 of those games and they happen to be against your main rivals, that's a 12 point swing. But yes it all evens out I'm sure :rolleyes:

Wow! Interesting to see a thread regarding the failure to award a penalty for a fairly blatant foul has descended into a bitchfest about who is the best team in the league, who has the most luck and "buying titles". :confused:

One thing is certain, my boys in blue who I have supported since I was 7 years old won't be retaining their title this season and at the current rate will struggle to stay in the Premier League, let alone finish in the top half of the table! :mad:

ha-ha born and bred mate! 3rd generation!

at least I cant be called a glory hunter!! what glory!

Bought the league! Money! Yawn.

City have come from a number of points behind to win the title twice....hardly collapsing under the pressure. Suarez had one exceptional season whilst Aguero has 120 goals in 185 games for City and the best goals per minute ratio in the history of the Premier League. You do the maths.

We'll just have to wait for Saturday won't we! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
In fairness
Bought the league! Money! Yawn.

City have come from a number of points behind to win the title twice....hardly collapsing under the pressure. Suarez had one exceptional season whilst Aguero has 120 goals in 185 games for City and the best goals per game ratio in the history of the Premier League. You do the maths.

We'll just have to wait for Saturday won't we! :rolleyes:

In fairness if Costa scores 3 more goals than Aguero this weekend he overtakes him (genuinely).
PaddyPower are offering 80-1 on a Costa hat trick.
You heard it here first!

In fairness

In fairness if Costa scores 3 more goals than Aguero this weekend he overtakes him (genuinely).
PaddyPower are offering 80-1 on a Costa hat trick.
You heard it here first!

Diego Costa, really? :oops: I think I'll save my money....

Back