A&H

Manchester City v Everton

bloovee

RefChat Addict
I don't usually bother pointing out controversial penalty decisions in City matches but tonight's wasn't even controversial. I'm not sure what City have to do to get a penalty these days.

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Clear penalty but those are never given in the EPL. You need to assault someone to concede a penalty when the ball is running out of play.

Stupid and completely needless challenge by Stones, obviously not learnt from the Stoke game.

Got away with it.

Heading for goal; doesn't just slide in, kicks as well, endangering an opponent.
Don't get me started on how we got to "careless" not being yellow.

And either this is an elaborate hoax, or it's Howard Webb and Mike Riley in rubber masks, or City fans do have a point about the media bias against City

That is shocking media coverage. And a real surprise ... obviously the temptation to 'bash' City overcame the natural tendency to have a go at the ref!

We'll need to agree to disagree on the challenge. Especially as if you honestly think it endangered an opponent then you should be arguing red rather than yellow! For me a 'nothing' challenge .. but a clear penalty just the same

Possibly one of the clearest penalties you'll ever see. Not a clue why he didn't give it.

As for Charlie Nicholas....:eek:

We've been on the wrong side of a few this last few weeks, really frustrating!

Good to see that "Everyone's against us" attitude didn't go away after referees handed Manchester City the title in 2012

Feeling a little bitter this morning? :rolleyes:

Ah yes, the classic "describe any criticism of my team's success as bitterness" defence, very good.
As I'm so bitter I suppose I'm supposed to say you didn't deserve to win in 2014, despite having the best players, team, most goals and goal difference by 14 goals?
Yes, yes Man CIty never deserved any trophies, nor Chelsea or Liverpool GGMU GGMU GGMU!!!!!!!!! etc......

not saying that 'none of them deserved the trophies' but Man City and Chelsea prove that a blank cheque can win titles

until Jamie Vardy comes along of course

Ah yes, the classic "describe any criticism of my team's success as bitterness" defence, very good.
As I'm so bitter I suppose I'm supposed to say you didn't deserve to win in 2014, despite having the best players, team, most goals and goal difference by 14 goals?
Yes, yes Man CIty never deserved any trophies, nor Chelsea or Liverpool GGMU GGMU GGMU!!!!!!!!! etc......

You said that referees handed City the title in 2012.....to suggest that it was the only reason we won the league would be the very definition of bitterness.

The best team always wins the league in the end. In 2012, City were the best team whilst in 2013 United were the best team.

You said that referees handed City the title in 2012.....to suggest that it was the only reason we won the league would be the very definition of bitterness.

The best team always wins the league in the end. In 2012, City were the best team whilst in 2013 United were the best team.

In the strictest definition of bitter, you are correct that my post was just that.
But then so was yours and Bloovee's. So a bunch of lemons we are.

The best team certainly does not win the league 100% of the time. The margins are so thin. If Steven "cleared of affray" Gerrard hadn't fallen on his arse in 2014 and cost Liverpool the title he will never ever have would that have suddenly made Liverpool the best team? One slip?

In the strictest definition of bitter, you are correct that my post was just that.
But then so was yours and Bloovee's. So a bunch of lemons we are.

The best team certainly does not win the league 100% of the time. The margins are so thin. If Steven "cleared of affray" Gerrard hadn't fallen on his arse in 2014 and cost Liverpool the title he will never ever have would that have suddenly made Liverpool the best team? One slip?

Such is the life of a football fan! :D

Depends on how you measure being the best team, but to win the league would suggest that they would have been the "best". The winner invariably has the most points, but doesn't necessarily have the best squad/play the best football; I suppose it depends on what you consider to define being the "best"?

I personally think that City have the best squad in the league and, along with Arsenal, play the best football, so shouldn't we have won the league for the last few years by that measure? It's certainly a difficult thing to quantify.

Such is the life of a football fan! :D

Depends on how you measure being the best team, but to win the league would suggest that they would have been the "best". The winner invariably has the most points, but doesn't necessarily have the best squad/play the best football; I suppose it depends on what you consider to define being the "best"?

I personally think that City have the best squad in the league and, along with Arsenal, play the best football, so shouldn't we have won the league for the last few years by that measure? It's certainly a difficult thing to quantify.

If Aguero (Best player in the EPL since Ronaldo for me) .had been fit, Man City would be 10 points clear.
They'll still walk the league, only Chelsea had the player to match them and well...

If Aguero (Best player in the EPL since Ronaldo for me) .had been fit, Man City would be 10 points clear.
They'll still walk the league, only Chelsea had the player to match them and well...

Spot on. Without injuries we'd win comfortably; just a shame that Aguero and Kompany are made of glass and Silva gets kicked so much that he inevitably gets injured. We'll win the league this year IF Aguero stays fit!

Back