A&H

Manc Derby

Rightly or wrongly, AT immediately said no caution and pointed that Lingard's touch was going towards the touchline. Commentators came to the incorrect conclusion that he said Walker got the ball (what)...

Wrongly then.
Easy caution.
He then had freedom to put in another poor challenge later in the game

The Referee Store
Rightly or wrongly, AT immediately said no caution and pointed that Lingard's touch was going towards the touchline. Commentators came to the incorrect conclusion that he said Walker got the ball (what)...

Yes, I saw him point but I still think it would have been a promising attack without the cynical foul.

For those who say "City fans" didn't cover themselves in glory. Nonsense, there are racist morons in every fan base. It's our teams idiot who was spotted today and he will rightly be banned for life. But it's everywhere still in the game and it's there in all league's across the world.

It isn't just the one fan though.

There were several chucking lighters at Fred and I hope they get a ban alongside the supposed 'one off' racist guy.

It isn't just the one fan though.

There were several chucking lighters at Fred and I hope they get a ban alongside the supposed 'one off' racist guy.

I hope they do too. But the club that these people support is irrelevant and they're a cancer at every club

Quite the opposite.
The law says it is not usually an offence if
• when a player falls and the hand/arm is between the body and the ground to
support the body, but not extended laterally or vertically away from the body

This is wrong IMO. He's not falling, falling implies an accidental act. Sliding is block a cross is not falling.

This is wrong IMO. He's not falling, falling implies an accidental act. Sliding is block a cross is not falling.
Oh come on - this provision was always intended to apply to players sliding in to block a cross. It was one of the most debated categories of handling and one that was always being brought up whenever changes to the handling law were being discussed. You only have to look at the presentation of laws changes (with videos) on the IFAB website to see that one of the main scenarios that this is supposed to apply to, is a player going to ground as the try to block a cross.

See image below:

IMG_20191210_124016.png

@Peter Grove posted pretty much exactly what I would have, except that I was too lazy to go find the slide . . . the concept here is that handling is still deliberate and arms have to be somewhere. The low arm pretty much has to be there, whereas the high arm is taking away the natural place for the ball to go and the player should be working to not do that.

Back