A&H

Managers/Coaches asking not to put cards through

I had one where the manager said to his players "the bookings go through and it all goes into the ref's end of season p*ss up jar, but next time stop being a pr*ck on the pitch Callum (striker who got booked)"
Can't wait for an invite to one of these famous Pish Ups 🍺😵‍💫🥴

The Referee Store
I like the fact there is a consequence to the yellow cards. Where I do high school games in California, we don’t even report the yellows to anyone. A player (or coach) could get cautioned in every game all year, and no one outside the team would know.

I like the fact there is a consequence to the yellow cards. Where I do high school games in California, we don’t even report the yellows to anyone. A player (or coach) could get cautioned in every game all year, and no one outside the team would know.
Is that common practice in North American Leagues?

My ex brother in law asked me this I said yeah I am.
His response was but we are family. I said we were and I would still put it through

They make up their own nonsense tbh.
In the US, high school does not use the LOTG (neither does college). They use their own rule book (yes, they call them rules)—though in the last 10 years ago, a lot more has been done to align the high school rule book to the LOTG. Our high school area is the only place I know of that doesn’t have any reporting for YCs. I think it is totally nuts. My understanding is that many other HS areas track carefully—and in some plays a certain number of cautions/send offs makes the team ineligible for playoffs.

Back