A&H

Managers and Assistant offinabus

Indeed Russell. Another well heard moan that means nothing is the accusation of lack of 'Consistency' - ref had that on Sunday from the losing (obviously) manager.

Just another way of

a) letting off steam after a defeat
b) Saying 'You didn't give us enough decisions'

A great comeback to the Lack of Consistency line is........ 'Look, getting everything wrong is being consistent you know, make your mind up what you want' :)

The Referee Store
The OP (and others like it), leave me wishing i'd seen the game, otherwise we're left guessing
The only time i've resorted to dismissing a manager, i definitely felt i could've handled it better. Even though it was he who behaved like a complete tit, i was only interested in how i'd mishandled the tit and what i should do differently next time
So if i question @Zimmyman 's handling, that's only because i afford myself the same treatment
Nothing wrong with questioning your own decisions and thinking what you could have done better. So long as you have the right motive. Some players and coaches don't deserve to be in the game. They do that kind of thing week in week out (and I am not talking about those who have a bit of a moan after the game). Your reason behind reflection is to improve yourself so that you can make life easier for yourself, protect the image of the game and make it more enjoyable for everyone else. Not because 'so that you could have kept him in the game"

Your reason behind reflection is to improve yourself so that you can make life easier for yourself, protect the image of the game and make it more enjoyable for everyone else. Not because 'so that you could have kept him in the game"
Our National FA defines the following as the DNA of Refereeing;

RESPECT
EMPATHY
FITNESS
EVALUATION
RELIABILITY
EDUCATION
EXCELLENCE

What are the chances of the first letter of each word spelling out REFEREE? Amazing ;)
My list would've disrupted this million to one coincidence, because the word I'd add is... Communication
The culture of football allows unfit persons to endure in the game. I'm not motivated to keep these people in the game, nor can I influence the image of the game. We're guaranteed to encounter these people and in some cases, we may rely upon their Club Marks to progress. That puts us in a paradoxical situation. I'm inclined to think that effective communication (assertion) is our goal regardless, of the outcome. Easy!

Last edited:

RESPECT
EMPATHY
FITNESS
EVALUATION
RELIABILITY
EDUCATION
EXCELLENCE

What are the chances of the first letter of each word spelling out REFEREE? Amazing ;)

Yeah I had to laugh when I saw that. What a joke. Typical of today's "soundbite" society.

"Okay guys, everybody try and think of a word beginning with ....." :rolleyes:

I'm not motivated to keep these people in the game,
Fair enough. Just making sure :)

nor can I influence the image of the game.
I disagree. That like a single voter in an election saying i cant influence the outcome of the election. Every sing act you do counts.

we may rely upon their Club Marks to progress.
Very unfortunate indeed. I am glad we don't have that system here.

RESPECT
EMPATHY
FITNESS
EVALUATION
RELIABILITY
EDUCATION
EXCELLENCE

My list would've disrupted this million to one coincidence, because the word I'd add is... Communication
The culture of football allows unfit persons to endure in the game. I'm not motivated to keep these people in the game, nor can I influence the image of the game. We're guaranteed to encounter these people and in some cases, we may rely upon their Club Marks to progress. That puts us in a paradoxical situation. I'm inclined to think that effective communication (assertion) is our goal regardless of the outcome. Easy!

Yeah, there's too many Es in referee; we should get rid of a few of them and add C for communication and maybe A for assertion. We don't need to two Rs, let's remove one. Now let's make a new word.

Hold one, that spells FARCE. I wonder if we can get the FA onboard with this.

Back