A&H

Man Utd vs Sunderland

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!

In the end it didn't effect the result, but what do we think of the challenge/body check on Juan Mata in the Sunderland box when the score was still 0-0? I'm sure others will disagree and dismiss it as a "coming together", but for me it's a blatant foul. Defender makes no attempt to play the ball and looks solely intent on blocking off Juan Mata by running straight at him (1 min 45s).

Mkhitaryan's goal - Quality finish, it's close but surely an assistant at this level of the game should be spotting the offside? (9mins 23s)

The Referee Store
The Mata challenge was generous to the defender. Elsewhere on the pitch you'd see them given 9/10.

He was offside and the Lino should have got it but it doesn't detract from a filthy finish! The flag would have denied that from the history books. Like the 'hand of god' in 86.

In penalty box I give benefit of the doubt to the defensive players so I can understand why referee let the game go on. However, if the referee had given the foul and probably the red card then the defender would have had no one else to blame but himself. Gotto be smarter than that.

And yes it would be more than fair to expect a referee at that level to catch that offside position. He was probably stunned by the beauty of the goal :)

If you gave that everyone would be talking about you, so I can see why it wasn't given. Like it or not at the top level what is a foul out of the box differs to what is a foul in it.

Don't really know how he has missed the offside, although glad he did as it led to something of a wonder goal ..!

Back