A&H

Man Utd vs Bournemouth

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
Half time and incident packed already...

Tyrone Mings stamps on a grounded Ibrahimovich's head which goes unseen by referee Kevin Friend. Ibrahimovich gets his revenge by elbowing Mings in the face. In the aftermath Andrew Surman gets a 2nd yellow for pushing Ibrahimovich in the chest. Ibrahimovich gets a talking to, but no card for him or Mings! :confused:

Suspect Mings will get a call on Monday morning....

The Referee Store
A perfect lesson in how not to referee.

Clear reds for both Mings and Ibrahimovich. The Surman one was incredibly harsh and he somehow didn't book Boruc for following him half way up the pitch screaming at him.

He just made a total mess of it, really poor.

PS. That battle isn't over, something is going to happen in this second half.

He's made 4 key wrong decisions in this game, the 2 reds, giving a red to Surman and the penalty to MU. All shocking decisions. Game ruined. I sincerely hope hes demoted to FL duties in the coming weeks

Ibrahimovich also got away with throwing an opponent to the floor, something more suitable on a rugby pitch.

Ibrahimovich in the think of it of the major incidents so far, Boruc saving the Swedes penalty after handball was given against Adam Smith.

It is very unfair to be demoted to the football league. If the authorities think his performance does not come up to the expected standard( only listening to game) why should the football league have a referee who is not performing properly? I don't have a solution of how to deal poor performances but I would say we either have or will have games like this. Maybe coaching for engagement is the way forward rather than a demotion because of one poor game.

I'm not buying into the idea the 2 Surman cautions were harsh. Both are cautions.
Pretty much the only thing Friend has got right today but both the stamp and elbow are easily missed, I'm more concerned with how Friend has let the players take control of this match. Ibra took any credibility from him when refusing to listen to him a few mins before the 1st pen.
Also, neither penalties were correct. Although I thought the 1st one was nail on in real time so.....
He's just failed to give Arter his second yellow...... clearest caution of the day!!!

Last edited:
It is very unfair to be demoted to the football league. If the authorities think his performance does not come up to the expected standard( only listening to game) why should the football league have a referee who is not performing properly? I don't have a solution of how to deal poor performances but I would say we either have or will have games like this. Maybe coaching for engagement is the way forward rather than a demotion because of one poor game.

That seems to be their way of a punishment these days, much like Mike Dean got a couple of months ago. Otherwise i guess board duties

Although I support a premier league team it feels very disrespectful to the football league

That seems to be their way of a punishment these days, much like Mike Dean got a couple of months ago. Otherwise i guess board duties

Mike Dean was not demoted to the FL. Every week three SG1 teams take charge of Football League games, usually high profile games. On 21st January he refereed Barnsley vs Leeds, a bit local derby that was always likely to get a SG1 referee. He'd refereed Birmingham vs Villa earlier in the season and no one suggested that was a demotion.

IMG_4245.jpg Anyone hear Rooney plainly lie in his interview after the game... He said that he clearly saw Ibra being stamped on when TV footage clearly shows him facing the other way asking for a foul to him!!! Then he miraculously misses the elbow to which he has an uninterrupted view!!! Lying fooker!!!

Last edited:
View attachment 1136 Anyone hear Rooney plainly lie in his interview after the game... He said that he clearly saw Ibra being stamped on when TV footage clearly shows him facing the other way asking for a foul to him!!! Then he miraculously misses the elbow to which he has an uninterrupted view!!! Lying fooker!!!

Yeah, stands up in front of the world and says he saw it, the replay proves beyond doubt he did not.
DUrrrr, Wayne, durrrrrrrr. Can't wait till the moron goes and milks wages from someone else

Worst possible weekend for top level referees to drop clangers after the Times published this morning that some of them had been away during the week on Anthony Taylor's stag do in Marbella. Don't know which referees were there, but if Friend was there with him the press are going to have a field day.

Anyone who thinks Surman shouldn't hace walked shouldn't be a ref. He got 1 caution and then pushed Ibra. Clear AA

Anyone who thinks Surman shouldn't hace walked shouldn't be a ref. He got 1 caution and then pushed Ibra. Clear AA
Except that, in my opinion, the first caution was given for a very strong but completely fair challenge. Obviously to then raise your hands like that when already on a caution is the height of stupidity ....

Except that, in my opinion, the first caution was given for a very strong but completely fair challenge. Obviously to then raise your hands like that when already on a caution is the height of stupidity ....

He went into a challenge knowing he was going to get the ball then completely wipe out the man which, despite what players, commentators (and some refs) believe is not legal

i am amazed that no one has mentioned it took 2 minutes 40 seconds, yes i know im sad i timed it lol, between scribbiling the number on his yellow card so he must have seen the number already on the yellow card because it was the only one there, and showing the red card, and i suspect
both players will be banned, i think they both knew what they were doing

Got marked down for not cautioning on an almost identical tackle on Wednesday evening. Definite yellow.

Have to say, and I'm sure I'll be slated for saying so, but I don't think the 'stamp' deserved a red. In my opinion he's been tripped by Rooney trying to stand up and has lunged to try and stay on his feet. The contact with Ibra's head, although it looked bad, was not intentional, and I can't really see any case for VC

Back