A&H

Man City vs Liverpool

The Referee Store
Saving others a click:

‘No, his foot is raised to play the ball,’ Clattenburg said on Norwegian television station TV2. ‘His eyes are totally focused on the ball. A free-kick and a yellow card for dangerous play.’

What is most worrying of all is I've seen comments from referees, albeit not on here, say that it isn't a red card "because he had his eyes on the ball".

Is that on 'rate the ref' Rusty? I used to look on there but don't bother anymore. More like 'slate the ref'!!

if that is a red card managers should just tell strikers dont even go for the ball, i never thnought i would find myself agreeing with liverpool hater neville

if that is a red card managers should just tell strikers dont even go for the ball, i never thnought i would find myself agreeing with liverpool hater neville
I don't understand your point at all. You know that if you're going for the ball, you have a responsibility to do so safely, yes?
You're not seriously trying to argue that if you're going for the ball, then you can do so in whatever manner you like and cause any amount of risk or injury you like to an opponent, but it will never be a red????? :wall:

ermmm??? Mate I ask you to just have a look at Ederson's photos showing the extent of his injuries thanks to that challenge!!!! You are telling me that this is a fair part of any sport? Besides MMA and Boxing???? Would you or anyone else defending this say the same thing if they were on the receiving end of such a challenge? I don't think so!!! Next you would blame the keeper for jumping to head the ball, that he endangered himself? :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Firstly I am a Liverpool supporter. My opinion red card all day long. It was dangerous and he deserved to go. What annoyed me was Micheal Gray saying there was no intent to harm the keeper. I do not believe Mane meant to harm the keeper and although Edison had his head down it was dangerous and RC was correct. Can we all chip in a pound and send Micheal Gray on a refs course so he doesn't carry on spouting nonsence about intent which isn't in the laws anymore. Every time there is a challenge like this he comes out with it, and re-enforces the myth about intent. I can't see how anyone could not give a red in this case.

And what is this "eyes on the ball" excuse? If Mane didn't know the keeper was there, wouldn't he have waited for the ball to come down rather than go in like that with little chance of controlling the ball?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought Ederson was lucky not to be done for PIADM......sticking his head in the way of Mane's boot like that.......

:redcard: all day long, every day of the week, every week of the year......if you think differently, go here and put your refereeing items to a much better use........

Last edited:
Reactions: DB
And that is why the players equipment inspection is so important, imagine the damage if he had incorrect studs on? As seen by others opinions there is absolutely no argument for this not being a red card and anyone that can think of one should probably re-evaluate their prospects as a referee

Clattenberg and Halsey didn't do too shabby. It's a red of course but everyone is entitled to his opinion regardless of what you lot think. It's a game of opinions...

Back