A&H

Man C v Burnley penalty?

Mintyref

RefChat Addict
Level 6 Referee
Just seen this on MoD......surely a dive? Yes the keeper may have touched him but it was pure simulation thereafter!

The Referee Store
If it's a foul, by definition it cannot be simulation. He may have exaggerated, but he didn't deceive.

Out of interest, I see Jon Moss played advantage in the area for Chelsea's fourth goal. I suppose you could make a case for holding, but that would have been a harsh penalty and red card.

I'm not sure I see a foul in the contact..........contact does not equal foul.
I'd have been more inclined to yellow card for simulation.

There was a dive but it was not simulation because there was a careless foul.
upload_2017-10-22_15-52-12.png

this is where it is difficult for all refs. One look no replays slowed down, from twenty different angles, maybe a player running into view at the critical moment and the whole debate as Minty said about the player running into the gk to make contact to go down. Who would be a ref hey?

Just seen it MOTD without knowing anything about that game....simulation for me....I genuinely expected a yc and IDFK to Burnley...
I think the City player initiates the contact on the keeper, anticipated contact, and indeed got the contact.

Now having watched it again, the obvious question is, how far away and central is the referee ! At the original pass into the box which was played next to him, he should be sprinting full pelt to his left to give himself a chance of calling anything in the box....instead he stays static and then has a down the barrel 20/25yard look at it, with a defender cutting across his path....
He cant be sure from where he is on either count....he factually cannot see it !!

Those stills prove nothing. They could argue the attacker ran into the keeper
I havent seen this but yes stills prove nothing as it doesnt show the keepers curreblnt momentum at that time or any follow through contact.

If he trapped his foot, how can he leap salmon like?
Could you jump and spin into the air with your foot trapped on the ground?
Striker anticipated that and initiated the contact for me.

Thought it was a dive in real time, however there's clearly contact. Whether that made him fall the way he did, i was goimg to say I'm not sure...well I am sure, it didn't. Definite exaggeration but still a pen in my (biased) eyes

I havent seen this but yes stills prove nothing as it doesnt show the keepers curreblnt momentum at that time or any follow through contact.
How about this just before contact and after contact images:
upload_2017-10-22_21-20-52.png

Just before contact the attackers foot is planted firmly on the ground parallel to the keeper's body. Just after contact the attackers toes are under the keeper's knee and the ankle pointing outward (foot perpendicular to keeper's body) and a rolled ankle. This can only be the result of the the keepers knee forcing the ankle outward. A foul for me but only after multiple slow mos. The ref did well calling it first go real time.

The ref is 20 yards away looking down barrel of a gun at it and has a defending player blocking his view......he cant make a call on it
I still see striker jumping into (anticipating contact) the keeper.

The stills you have posted are not anything like what the referee will have seen........

Reactions: es1
I'll agree that there's np way the ref can see the contact from his position but I don't think Silva in any way initiated the contact. He didn't change direction or leave his leg hanging, he was taking is past the keeper who caught his standing leg.

Back