A&H

Madley strikes again.....

Padfoot

The Persecuted One
Yet more woeful officiating from Bobby Madley.....

Fails to give Emre Can his 2nd yellow for the foul on Walcott, then cautions Xhaka for pointing out what everyone else could see.......

The Referee Store
While I agree it should have been a second yellow for Can (he is such a dumb player), Xhaka fully deserved his caution for being equally dumb.

The caution was not given, you are warned to shut up and walk away, you don't, well earned yellow.

And let's not mention the failure of the AR to spot Origie offside for Liverpool's 3rd.......

Madley knew he had bottled the 2nd yellow......he spent ages talking himself into cautioning Xhaka, then trying to justify the poor decision to Koscienly.......

lol you really are a gunner coloured glasses kinda fella.

Not convinced about the offside for the third, would need to see a better angle, as the tv angle looked okay.

The real issue coming from this game is Wenger not playing Sanchez from the outset. I know he seems to be agitating for a move, but leaving your most consistent player on the bench for 45 minutes where you are completely played off the park? Poor. Don't get me started on cogalin (or how you spell it) he is not a premier league footballer.

Considering all that has gone on today that was a very, very impressive performance from Madley. Perhaps Can could and should have had a second caution, but I couldn't tell real time whether he or Matip had taken out Walcott, and that's from an elevated angle. From pitch level that would have been impossible to tell, and Xhaka ws rightly cautioned for dissent whether the decision was right or wrong.

As an Arsenal fan, I accept the Xhaka yellow for dissent. Team was predictably abject on the day, but even so, I thought Madley was poor. He seemed to blow up for every trifling touch on a Liverpool player. Lallana and Coutinho both went to ground far too easily.
The Can decision was awful, full stop. When you're not a physical team, it's hard to take when opponents don't tot the cards up for illegal play. I can't believe a top referee would be fooled by the injury pretence, but that seems to have saved him.
Madley missed in addition two fouls on Sanchez, one by Can, both of which might have received cards.
Also, Coquelin's raised foot was dangerous; should have been a yellow.

Arsenal fans!! Always bleating when you lose!!!! :D

I do know what you mean though about soft decisions; In the first half koshelny (or how it is spelt) was holding mane and then fell over, earning a defensive free kick. Was a one on one chase (which the keeper would have won probably) but madley gave arsenal a free kick, why would mane hold that donkey when he has crazy pace??? Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I think I remember that, yeah. Let's not open up the can of worms about deducing decisions/guesswork. There was a recent incident in the Watford vs. West Ham match where the referee gave a defensive free kick when it should have been a WH penalty. Question is, should officials lean towards penalty on the basis that a defender's motive to commit a charge offence is far greater, plus it's harder to foul when you're in possession? Is getting a decision right due to deduction better than getting one wrong whilst following the 'give what you see' principle?

Obviously won't deny there were probably mistakes on either side, and fans are inevitably blinkered!

Meh, football is football. Referees are human (as we are, also being referees). It's best to just let whatever happens wash over you and accept this is what the game is like. Think of referees as just another part of the game, like the goal posts or the touch lines, another part of the game. I dare say this is the exact thing the French may well have been thinking of when they invented the phrase C'est la vie.

Never a Pen for Burnley, Mr Taylors eyes have deceived him!!
I guess Sean Dyche conveniently forgot about the laughable penalty in his team's favour during his post match interview when he said his team had been robbed of a point as he felt Llorente's winning goal shouldn't have counted. Did look a blatant push in the back of Mee just before Llorente headed the winner, but Swansea will probably say they deserved the luck after hitting the bar/post 3 times in the first half and getting the rough end of a pineapple for Burnley's penalty.

Considering all that has gone on today that was a very, very impressive performance from Madley. Perhaps Can could and should have had a second caution, but I couldn't tell real time whether he or Matip had taken out Walcott, and that's from an elevated angle. From pitch level that would have been impossible to tell, and Xhaka ws rightly cautioned for dissent whether the decision was right or wrong.

i'd agree with that , in real time it was difficult to see who out of the 2 liverpool players was the offender.
Fair play to him for not guessing

Back