I agree on it being harsh and it wasn’t immediately obvious in real time ( watching highlights this morning). The reverse angle is the best one - not the one obscured by the net.
The ball would’ve likely gone in so I’m guessing it’s been considered an accidental DOGSO?
Good intervention to overturn the first penalty. Again in real time it looked different; but replay showed wasn’t.
No way that would be given in the EPL, but we know that in Europe if the ball hits your hand or arm and it isn't pinned by your side you are in a spot of jeopardy.
I think DOGSO is supportable if given onfield by the referee. Would VAR get involved if a yellow was given? I’m not sure they would but I can see why a red was given.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.