A&H

Luton vs Huddersfield

Joshref

8 seconds in, that’s a penalty to Huddersfield for me. Clear nudge in the back, Toffolo has made a bit of a meal of it I’ll admit but it’s a pen for me.

One has to wonder whether the time influenced the refs decision to not give it

The Referee Store
Well it’s been evened out. As clear a penalty as you’re gonna see denied to Luton. Not a great start for the ref

Well it’s been evened out. As clear a penalty as you’re gonna see denied to Luton. Not a great start for the ref

That one was an awful mistake and when he sees it back he will wonder why he missed it.

The Huddersfield one, reminded me of Spurs v Arsenal yesterday. The theatrics swayed me the other way, but that’s not to say Luton didn’t get away with one there. On another day that’s given and it’s a mountain to climb.

Luton goalkeeper isn’t having a great night either.

That second one is atrocious. Why on earth is the referee, having realised he wont keep up with the play, went central instead of to his left to get an angle

zero sympathy for a referee who cant keep up with play. No excuses at that level

you simply must get wide here,. No angle, no chance. No offence to the guy, but thats shockingly poor. Suppose next debate is whether a red been missed too, stretching it a bit to say thats an attempt for the ball

Last edited:
Not sure the second one is a penalty. Right at the end Jerome's right leg moves out to the right and catches the back of the defender's leg, and that is what takes him down.

I'm with the referee on the second one, although his positioning isn't great, the Luton player is the one who starts the contact by sticking his arm out and holding off the defender and unbalancing him. Then the legs make contact without the defender appearing to do anything other than keeping running

We giving anything there. Naby Sarr bundled to the ground by Sonny Bradley. He does have hold of him but Sarr goes down easily.

The push in the first minute is probably dogso (red) if you call the pk. That's a hell of a decision to make 8 seconds in.

Why do referees persist with the talking to players in the box before allowing a corner to be taken? Both sides were as bad as I’ve seen this season for wrestling at set pieces, but the referee persisted with giving them a talking to beforehand just to give absolutely nothing when it happens. It’s something which is for show but is ultimately meaningless

The push in the first minute is probably dogso (red) if you call the pk. That's a hell of a decision to make 8 seconds in.

I get it’s a tough call but it’s clear enough to me for him to give it. Toffolo going down easy is his only get out of jail card there

The PK shout after 9 seconds was much stronger than that Spurs had the night before. Yes, I watched the entire game enthusiastically as I always do ..... unspoiled Championship Football, soon to be a thing of the past
Guess what? Rob Jones was absolutely excellent IMO.... really looked the part 10/10

Last edited:
The swan dive from the Luton player casts doubt on the penalty decision for me.
Whenever I see the head back, arms up type of fall I'm always suspicious.

Back