A&H

Luiz red

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Anyone else feel it was harsh?

Was it even enough for a foul? For me it was not Luiz’ action that made Mahrez fall either, it was Mahrez throwing himself back (admittedly skillfully)

I was thinking the ref could have gone YC based on covering defender, or waved it away...?

The Referee Store
Stonewall red card.

anyone going yellow is making up excuses, remember, its, clear obvious opportunity
Not, clear obvious guaranteed goal.

we can see below by doing what we all should, taking a snap shot in our minds at the point of contact, he is clearly having a chance to score, but for the foul

Last edited:
Stonewall red card.

anyone going yellow is making up excuses, remember, its, clear obvious opportunity
Not, clear obvious guaranteed goal.
Red for me too but it is NOT "clear obvious opportunity", it is just "obvious GS opportunity".

As in the other thread, ticks all the boxes for a DOGSO
Distance = Tick
Direction = Tick
Control = Tick
Number and location of defenders = there is only 1 other whom is close, but for me he is not close enough to say that an OGSO didn't exist at the time Mahrez is fouled.

It's a pulling offence so no get out. Red card.

Caution for Stopping a Promising Attack remains an option (because there's no attempt to play the ball)

I thought DOGSO wasn't clear cut, but I'm happy that the majority expected that outcome
I'm not picking but I am curious into your thought processes on SPA...
You too, @santa sangria :) you thinking simulation?

I'm not picking but I am curious into your thought processes on SPA...
You too, @santa sangria :) you thinking simulation?
There's so much simulation, and Luiz' contact in the box is not what makes Mahrez fall over. Outside the box, the initial hand over the shoulder is bad defending yes, it's imbecilic to then carry on inside the box, but it's not what makes Mahrez fall over.

So, as per my first post, it just way harsh - but also incredibly stupid. I agree, I was just probing for excuses. The covering defender is not much of an argument. I don't think SPA or YC would be suitable here. It's either DOGSO-R or simulation-YC-IDFK. If it was just the contact in the box, then a simulation call - or even waving away - might be easy - but given the contact outside, Luiz leaves the ref no choice!

Easy red just for him existing tbh

btw thats not the craziest thing to say.
Awareness of your players....the moment the City player looks like getting in box, as referee, alarm bells should ring given who the defender is....
You need to be aware this player is constantly, a liability, and the chances of a ridiculous foul are high

Back