A&H

Liverpool vs Chelsea

The Referee Store
OK...you're taking your teams 11th (or 22nd) pen and miss. Your opponent then gets sent off in the act of taking their pen but before its taken...so it's marked as missed? You can then legally take the next one...sounds wrong but I'll go with it
More or less there. 22nd and and 24th kick with opponent kick (23rd) counting as a miss without being taken. 22nd doesn't have to be a miss. It just has to be the same as 21st.

Other way is you miss 21st, opponent 22nd counts as miss (refusing to take) without being taken and the you take 23rd as the next kick.

• Love
Reactions: es1
I can do it faster.

I am the 7th taker on my team. The last 4 players from my team and 3 from the other’s last takers are all red carded due to mass handbags during KFTPM. I then take the 13th pen to level. Oppo taker 7 is then sent off during for a miss - and I take the first pen of the new round. So I took 13 and 14.

Holes?

• Haha
I can do it faster.

I am the 7th taker on my team. The last 4 players from my team and 3 from the other’s last takers are all red carded due to mass handbags during KFTPM. I then take the 13th pen to level. Oppo taker 7 is then sent off during for a miss - and I take the first pen of the new round. So I took 13 and 14.

Holes?
The numbers I/we used were to indicate last taker in a round rather than how far into the kicks. It's just easy to say 11th meaning the last player Ina team.

In the two scenarios I presented, one involves the last kick of a round counting as a miss without being taken, the other involves the first kick of the next round counting as a miss without being taken.

I think you are forgetting that during KFTPM minimum numbers don't apply so in theory this could happen with the first and second kick of the KFTPM. As a matter of fact the first, second, third.... Kicks can all be taken by the same person. You just need a bit of imagination to figure how it could happen 😊

Last edited:
The numbers I/we used were to indicate last taker in a round rather than how far into the kicks. It's just easy to say 11th meaning the last player Ina team.

In the two scenarios I presented, one involves the last kick of a round counting as a miss without being taken, the other involves the first kick of the next round counting as a miss without being taken.

I think you are forgetting that during KFTPM minimum numbers don't apply so in theory this could happen with the first and second kick of the KFTPM. As a matter of fact the first, second, third.... Kicks can all be taken by the same person. You just need a bit of imagination to figure how it could happen 😊
Are you saying KFTPM can continue with fewer than 7 players?

Oh wow it’s there in the LotG “…must NOT abandon if a team is reduced to fewer than 7…”

Wow did not know that!

OK brains, how can I take 1 and 2… hmmmm?

Oh wow it’s there in the LotG “…must NOT abandon if a team is reduced to fewer than 7…”

Wow did not know that!

You take your kick and score. The keeper is desparate so runs off to the loo whilst his team take their penalty. An almighty brawl breaks out. And 20 players are dismissed. The keeper has not returned (💩) so the referee records his kick as missed. He returns. You then take the 2nd kick...??

You take your kick and score. The keeper is desparate so runs off to the loo whilst his team take their penalty. An almighty brawl breaks out. And 20 players are dismissed. The keeper has not returned (💩) so the referee records his kick as missed. He returns. You then take the 2nd kick...??
Do I put the goalie gloves while the oppo goalie curls one (as my GK has just gone for an early bath)?

Which gloves should I wear???

is this that what actually happened in Kepa’s mind?

Reactions: one

Wow did not know that!

Player A takes the first kick and misses. All in fight and everyone is sent off bar player A and opponent B. Opponent B refuses to take a kick and counts as a miss. Opponent B does go in goal as keeper for next kick which player A takes and missed. Same scenario repeats and can repeat as many time as it can. So one player can continue to take consecutive takes kicks as long as he misses.

You can argue refusing to take a kick can be sanctioned but it not mandatory.

Is there anything (in LOTG) to prevent the following?

Penalty #1: You take it but it misses or is saved.
Then the brawl occurs, but the opposition keeper doesn't need the loo this time, so is sent off along with the other 20 players (only you remain).
There is no opposition player remaining to take a penalty as you are the only player remaining from either team, so it is recorded as a miss.
Penalty #2: You take it, but it misses (the unguarded goal).
There is no opposition player remaining to take a penalty as you are the only player remaining from either team, so it is recorded as a miss.
Penalty #3: You take it, but it misses (the unguarded goal).
Rinse & repeat until you finally hit the target or the referee gets bored & abandons anyway!

• Haha
Im a Liverpool fan and thought it was a poor decision. I hate VAR in general though.
Let me elaborate a little on this as more of a ref and football fan. If the play was stopped at the free kick being centred by an official's flag I would simply have said 'fair enough,offside' and shrugged my shoulders. But allowing the game to continue and absoluting sucking the joy out of the very essence of football by waiting for people to micro scrutinise the replay to look for anything to rule it out just angers me. Let alone making the match officials almost nothing but casual observers while a computer screen and four colleagues or whatever give the decision from miles awy is beyond the pale for me. This pandering to tv viewers and their supposed short concentration span angers me too.Especially when one goal was likely to win the contest.
PS,I thought the ref did well in the game overall too.

Back