A&H

Liverpool vs Chelsea VAR

bester

RefChat Addict
VAR line showing Barclay was offside, goal given anyway. Communication needs improving.
Thought Sturridge was very close to being off, and didn’t really get a replay of it.

The Referee Store
Yeah, looks like a terrible decision that. No need for any sort of technology there, clearly a yard or so offside on the cross. Odd decision

Is it ?
You cant actually see Barkley properly to say its off, clearly not a yard or so as you suggest above.
42707324_10155800840753133_5838861541872500736_n.jpg

It's not miles off, but I don't think it's totally mad to suggest that with video stills and VAR, this should definitely have been judged as offside. If the technology can't detect an offside just because there are some other players near the one who is offside, then the system isn't up to scratch.

It's not miles off, but I don't think it's totally mad to suggest that with video stills and VAR, this should definitely have been judged as offside. If the technology can't detect an offside just because there are some other players near the one who is offside, then the system isn't up to scratch.
which team is attacking which direction?

You don't need much of technology for this one. I can get this one with a live stream on my laptop in 20 seconds using Microsoft paint. If the line is drawn correctly and it's the correct frame, no other red player off the frame impacting decision then 2 blue players are very clearly off, one is possibly off and one is on.

You don't need much of technology for this one. I can get this one with a live stream on my laptop in 20 seconds using Microsoft paint. If the line is drawn correctly and it's the correct frame, no other red player off the frame impacting decision then 2 blue players are very clearly off, one is possibly off and one is on.
Having said that, it's the blue player at the top of that mob that is the one that plays the ball...

The ball never makes it to the other two players, and when the player that actually played the ball does so, neither are in offside positions.

It's the "possibly" off one that ended up scoring - the other three got nowhere near the ball. For me, there's enough there to determine that the possibly off player is in fact off (I got that photo off FB and you can clearly see his leg between the 2nd blue player down's legs in the larger version) - the VAR on the night looked at that frame over and over, and decided there wasn't enough to overrule.

Oh ok. O see. Then I suppose not enough tech support. The evidence from this angle is inconclusive . There should be a camera on the opposite side.

It's the "possibly" off one that ended up scoring - the other three got nowhere near the ball. For me, there's enough there to determine that the possibly off player is in fact off (I got that photo off FB and you can clearly see his leg between the 2nd blue player down's legs in the larger version) - the VAR on the night looked at that frame over and over, and decided there wasn't enough to overrule.

Barkley heads the ball,the lad who scored not even in the frame.

If "one is possibly off", that hardly justifies the confidence of your first sentence.

If "one is possibly off", that hardly justifies the confidence of your first sentence.
I had the wrong assumption of one the clearly off players played the ball. Given the possible off player is moving away from goal and the other two towards goal you can see where the assumption came from.

Back