A&H

Liverpool Vs Arsenal

Josh the referee

Level 7 Referee
Do you think the linesman is in trouble after that incident for those that have seen it?

Tempers flaring anyway and Robertson sort of deserved it 🤣🤣

The Referee Store
TAA and Xhaka have always had the air of players who could start an argument in a empty room, so no surprise to see them square up to each other.

Interesting incident with the AR, doubt that's the last we have heard of it. Robertson's yellow for mouthing off?

Last edited:
Just rewatched it, think the assistant apologises to him straight away as if he didn't even mean to hit him. Could be completely wrong though...

EDIT: Issue now for the FA and PGMOL because of Mitrovic incident and this

Usual game of "Let's all complain about a fairly straightforward penalty decision". Looked like Holding went straight through the back of Jota, Arsenal let off with another terrible Salah penalty though.

Think it was genuinely an accident - people just need to back off officials and get over themselves. Don't know what they're moaning about. Don't think there have been any mistakes in this game - game been allowed to continue and managed well imo.

Feels like you need more camera angles to be sure but interestingly to me, the linesman did not seem to apologise in a gesture way as you probably would do if it was an accidental collision. Only the linesman will know if he meant it or not and he's only human so is prone to do a stupid thing in the heat of the moment.

Be interesting too hear Dermot's views on this because he defended Fernandes because he was touched first so I'm assuming he will defend the linesman here.

I think Robertson has grabbed Hatzidakis's arm and he's gone to shrug it off and accidentally elbowed him in the mush. Should he have done it, no, but should Robertson have grabbed him, clearly no also?
This is exactly what I think happened

Pointless trying to post videos of it, the EPL are aggressively taking down any links to the game on all social media platforms.

Don't think Sky are showing the full video as well, seen one where it looks as if he apologises straight away after he realises he's hit him

Didn’t see it on the local coverage.

AR2 made some poor decisions in 2H - now i get why. One Firminio offside in the far corner when he didn’t interfere irked me.

Some talking about the game of the season. I thought it was very messy, filled with niggly fouls, poor passing, poor control, one footed woe Mo… and Tierney did well.

Most interesting one for me was a potential-marginal SPA advantage for a Xhaka foul when he was already on a yellow (late on Firminio). Yes, smart refereeing, sold it - but - interesting dilemma - much more advantageous for the opponent if it’s a nailed on second yellow.

Don't think Sky are showing the full video as well, seen one where it looks as if he apologises straight away after he realises he's hit him

If that's the case then Robertson shouldn't of made more of it, I guess the audio from the assistant mic will be played out in any investigation which may solve what happened.

That said it did not look good from the assistant I have to say.

I take back what I said earlier, it does look bad.

Definitely looks as if he's trying to shrug Robertson off and accidentally catches him with the elbow. Whether he's meant it or not, I think that's where a recording of the comms might come in handy.

Back