A&H

Liverpool v Chelsea

cwyeary

RefChat Addict
What a start! Mane with a reckless elbow after 20 seconds that should be a red if it wasn't near the start of the biggest game of the weekend.

The Referee Store
I don't recall many reds for a non-swung forearm? Without a swing or deliberate use of an elbow, yellow is pretty standard for that.
It was just the speed of the challenge that caught my eye. He absolutely smashed him

Just seen it again and Pulisic on Jota was more than a little bit orange as well actually.

The lack of force saved Mount, he was just trying to free his foot and kicked into the defender's arm that was holding him. Pulisic's lunge was low enough and got enough of the ball to just be a caution.

Mane should have been off, 6 seconds into the game or not. He knew exactly what he was doing and the motion of his elbow wasn't an all natural for jumping for the ball. Although I'm glad he wasn't as that has been the best half of football I have seen for a long, long time.

Question:
If whoever VAR was checking was in the line of vision of the keeper for THAT wonder goal, is it being disallowed?

No keeper ever is saving that.

Question:
If whoever VAR was checking was in the line of vision of the keeper for THAT wonder goal, is it being disallowed?

No keeper ever is saving that.

It shouldn't be, but who knows with VAR. I actually think they might have been checking whether Rudiger was offside when the free kick was played in as he went for the ball right in front of Kelleher before he punched it clear.

The Mane incident was a subjective one. He’s leading with it, rather than moving it in the direction of Azpilicueta. Not enough to upgrade it I feel.

Just saw the replay - first thought yellow, but seeing from the side angle, there appears to be movement of the arm towards the face.

I do feel that this could have very easily been a red card.

Back