A&H

Lille vs Villa

I was actually surprised by how close the referee was standing to the kicker each time. Definitely within the periphery of the penalty taker's vision. At one kick, he was actually moving towards the kicker as he ran up. 🤔

The Referee Store
I was actually surprised by how close the referee was standing to the kicker each time. Definitely within the periphery of the penalty taker's vision. At one kick, he was actually moving towards the kicker as he ran up. 🤔
Yeah, that was the Ollie Watkins one, I have no idea what the referee was doing there.

I think Martinez was a litle unlucky, booked on reputation, he did no more than most goalkeepers or the scorers of some of the Lille penalty takers who gestured to the crowd.

However, probably Karma after previous penalty shoot outs.

Now they are not sure if he will be banned for the first semi-final!

I think Martinez was a litle unlucky, booked on reputation, he did no more than most goalkeepers or the scorers of some of the Lille penalty takers who gestured to the crowd.

However, probably Karma after previous penalty shoot outs.

The law only applies to goalkeepers, not players and was in this season's law changes

There's no doubt about it all, he is suspended as he picked up 3 cautions. 1 in the 1st leg, one in the 2nd leg, and another in KFTPM in the 2nd leg.

The law was changed to prevent GK unfairly distracting or delaying the penalty taker, however the penalty taker was Ollie Watkins.

His actions were to ask for a replacement ball as the previous ball was kicked in to row Z.

The law was changed to prevent GK unfairly distracting or delaying the penalty taker, however the penalty taker was Ollie Watkins.

His actions were to ask for a replacement ball as the previous ball was kicked in to row Z.
That's what he claims, but ...
  • It isn't his job to organise replacement balls
  • I think he is just using that to justify what he did, rather he was just trying to rile the crowd.

The law only applies to goalkeepers, not players and was in this season's law changes
It’s most unusual for an @JamesL post to confuse me, but this did! For the benefit of newer referees, the law has for many seasons stated that cautions during the match are not carried into penalty shootouts, but this season specific mention is made about the goalkeeper not being allowed to behave inappropriately towards opponents during the shootout.

It’s most unusual for an @JamesL post to confuse me, but this did! For the benefit of newer referees, the law has for many seasons stated that cautions during the match are not carried into penalty shootouts, but this season specific mention is made about the goalkeeper not being allowed to behave inappropriately towards opponents during the shootout.
Apologies. It needed the context of the post i was replying to and to be honest I hadn't seen what had happened so it might not have made sense any road.

Back