A&H

Liga MX - Referee (apparently) knees player in groin

RefIADad

RefChat Addict

In case the video in the article is geo-blocked, Mexican FIFA referee Fernando Hernandez apparently kneed a Club Leon player in the groin during a referee "mobbing" in the Leon-Club America Liga MX game on Saturday. It's not quite clear how "direct" the contact is in the video, but the kneeing motion from Hernandez is pretty unmistakable.

I'm certainly not excusing Hernandez's actions. He needs to not stoop to this level. But when mobbing/surrounding of referees is allowed or condoned, the risk of something like this is going to be there.

The Referee Store
Not condoning it, but the player is practically nose to nose to him, just unacceptable from the player too

Agreed - referees held to higher standards, so I can't complain about 12 matches for him. But what is the player getting for aggressively squaring up to him in the first place?

There's no groin there to knee if the player isn't behaving unacceptably first!

The two managers fight with each other but only get two match bans?

The refs in Mexico should go on strike about how their colleague has been thrown under the bus with the disproportionate suspension for one action.

The two managers fight with each other but only get two match bans?

The refs in Mexico should go on strike about how their colleague has been thrown under the bus with the disproportionate suspension for one action.
This happens in all walks of life where those charged with creating and upholding laws are held to higher standards.

Nothing to see here.

This happens in all walks of life where those charged with creating and upholding laws are held to higher standards.

Nothing to see here.
Completely agree, if you are paid to uphold the laws you are going to going to get clobbered far more than an ordinary member of the public would be for committing exactly the same offences. And rightly so in my opinion.

Back