A&H

Lifting of the shorts. Kit Inspection.

Callum Aris

Level 7 Referee
Hi all,
This may seem a stupid question to ask and its probably obvious but I'm confused and the answer is probably simple.

But I follow Wolves fc Snapchat (sad I know) and on they just film snippets of what's happening in the tunnel, such as captains meeting up, the players during warm up and kit checks etc........ My question is during the kit checks they ask the players to lift up their shorts.... What are they checking for ?? Is it strapping??

Cheers,
Callum

The Referee Store
Ah ok thank you for clearing that up. But on a side note if you have to lift them up would it matter as you wouldn't be able to see it during a game. It's not as if it's clearly noticeable like a top.

Colour of undershorts. I was under the impression you weren't supposed to ask players to lift their shorts.

I thought that when I first saw it and was quite surprised but looks like a common practice ???

Amazing how often undershorts that start 'hidden' from view, end up on show pretty quickly once the game starts. Hence the pre match checks. Not sorting these pre match is an easy way to lose assessment marks in this neck of the woods ....

Ah ok thank you for clearing that up. But on a side note if you have to lift them up would it matter as you wouldn't be able to see it during a game. It's not as if it's clearly noticeable like a top.

When they slide tackle shorts'll ride up and reveal what's underneath.

Back