A&H

Les Bleurs v Belguique

Reflections..... I really thought Belgium would win. Mbappe.... he is very talented, very quick and wise/mature (decision making. Not the silly YC for dribbling away after the whistle). Great keeping by both keepers. Lukaku.... vanished in the game. Really hurt them. Good soccer to watch. Well refereed
I think you could argue that's a fairly smart card to be honest. He wastes a good 30 seconds between faffing about with the ball, getting in a squabble with defenders and forcing the ref to come over, book him and then regain position. And there's no way the ref was switched on enough to add all of that time back on, what did the clock say when he blew for FT?

The Referee Store
Won my bet in the end so well done ref you had a blinder son.

I think you could argue that's a fairly smart card to be honest. He wastes a good 30 seconds between faffing about with the ball, getting in a squabble with defenders and forcing the ref to come over, book him and then regain position. And there's no way the ref was switched on enough to add all of that time back on, what did the clock say when he blew for FT?
He went 14 seconds past the 6 originally added. It was obvious wasting. I would've pointed to my watch before giving the yellow to show I was going to add for it. Discourages others. I typically say it too so the aggrieved team hears it. "You know I'm just going to add this on the end. Dont do that again"

He went 14 seconds past the 6 originally added. It was obvious wasting. I would've pointed to my watch before giving the yellow to show I was going to add for it. Discourages others. I typically say it too so the aggrieved team hears it. "You know I'm just going to add this on the end. Dont do that again"

That is where u can’t fault the premier league, we get the added time spot on & take into consideration all that goes on within that added time.

I’ve seen la liga games where you are expecting 4 or 5 mins injury time & they end up adding 2! & never ever add during that 2mins.

A good game that wasn’t the most stressful to referee. He did his best to mess it up with some strange foul recognition decisions but overall best team didn’t win IMO. That said, it’s coming home so France, we’re coming for you!

Lukaku starved of service, good defending and average balls in in the first half. He has really tailed off in second halves though...

Credit to the garlic munchers, they defend well, they are carrying a large Giroud-shaped object up front... of course the real pearl is King Kante!

Someone’s got a refs whistle in the crowd..

Always wondered why people have never snuck them into grounds before, use it wisely in the crowd close to the pitch & it could cause chaos.

I went to a championship game between Charlton v Middlesbrough a few seasons back and the Charlton fans were in heavy protest against their owners. There were a couple of fans with whistles that day causing havoc. One moment in particular where Gaston Ramirez nicked the ball off a defender and went charging into the box then stopped and threw his hands up in the air thinking the ref had pulled it back for a foul

I went to a championship game between Charlton v Middlesbrough a few seasons back and the Charlton fans were in heavy protest against their owners. There were a couple of fans with whistles that day causing havoc. One moment in particular where Gaston Ramirez nicked the ball off a defender and went charging into the box then stopped and threw his hands up in the air thinking the ref had pulled it back for a foul

Exactly my point

Back