A&H

Leicester v Crystal Palace

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Goal scored just now by Leicester...

As he brings the ball down, his momentum takes him slightly past the ball which strikes his hand (clearly) before turning and then a goal being scored.
I thought this was an offence to handle the ball and score directly from it?
And VAR checked too.

The Referee Store
I’ve watched it a few times and I genuinely can’t see where it’s touched a hand

I’ve watched it a few times and I genuinely can’t see where it’s touched a hand

And me, I can't see any clear evidence that it touched Iheanacho's hand. Also he didn't score directly from it, he then controlled it and passed it back to the goal scorer.

Don't get me wrong, as a fan I'd hate to see it not given. Massively.
But as per the law, it should have been ruled out.
Screenshot_20210426-211523_Chrome.jpg

And me, I can't see any clear evidence that it touched Iheanacho's hand. Also he didn't score directly from it, he then controlled it and passed it back to the goal scorer.
He does just nick it.
But as I said in my next post I'd hate to see it ruled out. But the law says if it touches their or a team mate, and creates a goal scoring chance.

There is no conclusive evidence it touched his arm. Yes if it did it would be an offence but its impossible to say if it does or doesn't.
I am leaning towards it doesnt, there is no detectable change to the balls trajectory, flight path, or speed at the point it passes the arm.

Sorry, but what is the point of VAR if it can't tell if this was a handball or not. And this goal was worth 2 points in the race for ECL qualification and how much moolah?

To be honest, this is the counter argument to the VAR offside debacle. If it's so close that it's impossible to tell after several viewings then I'd much rather they didn't look for reasons to rule out goals.

Better that one guilty man goes free than 10 goals are ruled out. Or something.

My inner linguistic pedant won’t shut up, so here goes.

If it hit his hand, the goal wasn’t immediately scored after it, because he passed it.

Immediate would be rebounding from hand to teammate. He passed it with his foot.

On a more serious point I think I’ve working alongside the lawyers for too long 😣

I can clearly see a touch. It changes the direction the ball by 90 degrees and propels it as well. While the touch is very momentary the change of ball direction is very clear. If this is under 20-21 laws then it shouldn't matter if a goal was scored directly. It immediately created a goal scoring opportunity.

Hotspot. No I am not being kinky.

tenor.gif

For what it's worth, I can't see any touch of the hand/arm from the video posted above.

Reactions: one
Back