A&H

Leicester V Brighton

OnlyUseMeWhistle

RefChat Addict
Level 4W Referee
Disclaimer: I’m a Brighton fan

Welbeck seemed to be clearly kicked in the box and I feel like this was clear and obvious. Left it a few hours to account for my bias and I still think it was the first time VAR has failed to get the right call for Brighton.

Thoughts?

at 1:30

The Referee Store
just saw it on MOTD. Does the fact he was kicked mean it’s a penalty. Was there enough in it for VAR to speak to ref. I like this new bar set by Webb.

just saw it on MOTD. Does the fact he was kicked mean it’s a penalty. Was there enough in it for VAR to speak to ref. I like this new bar set by Webb.
I think in a stadium without fans you’d hear the kick make contact. Idk it felt like enough but I get why

Seen an almost identical case in the city game of grealish being kicked with same force in the leg. Also wasn’t given or overruled. I maintain that a kick alone and the pain associated is enough to make a player go down but it’s consistent at least!

Seen an almost identical case in the city game of grealish being kicked with same force in the leg. Also wasn’t given or overruled. I maintain that a kick alone and the pain associated is enough to make a player go down but it’s consistent at least!
Only in the professional game does every single kick or touch make a player go down. At grassroots a player tries there absolute hardest to stay up and play on regardless..

Another one of those: if a bunch of referees on a forum can't agree whether it should have been a penalty it can't possibly have been a clear and obvious error.
As we were discussing last week..........

And Danny Murphy stating it WAS a clear and obvious error based on the fact the he didn't agree with the decision doesn't help going forward!

Back