A&H

Leeds vs S'ton

I get so wound up watching top level football, especially European/international games where the gamesmanship is rife. Luis Suarez last night was an absolute disgrace yet the ref kept lapping it up.

Clearly I'm still part of the problem by continuing to watch it! City on tonight...we'll be just as bad no doubt
I literally can't watch Champions League games. Thankfully, as a Mag, that won't need to happen
More than ever (since donning the black uniform), it's dawned on me just how much Grass Roots Refs are left to pick up the pieces. Yes, I knew that before, but I really didn't appreciate the problem as much

The Referee Store
I literally can't watch Champions League games. Thankfully, as a Mag, that won't need to happen
More than ever (since donning the black uniform), it's dawned on me just how much Grass Roots Refs are left to pick up the pieces. Yes, I knew that before, but I really didn't appreciate the problem as much

And UEFA (Or whoever) could give a s**t either. As long as they rake the tv cash in no one will be complaining.

I agree, but it's never gonna happen. We've arguably had 25 years of rife cheating of this nature... roughly from when Klinsmann took centre stage
This started well before Klinsmann. Surely I'm not the only one on here who remembers the controversies over Franny Lee and his ilk from the 70's.

This started well before Klinsmann. Surely I'm not the only one on here who remembers the controversies over Franny Lee and his ilk from the 70's.
Fair point. It's difficult to put a timescale on it. I'm referring to widespread diving as the dominant form of cheating, which I'm not sure it was in the 70's. Either way, I was pointing out that there's been a very long time in which the Authorities have shown little interest. What's very depressing, is that it's really starting to become a problem in the Championship, with Bournemouth v Watford being the latest game to suffer the consequences

Back