A&H

Leeds v Brentford

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
How many threads are there now with regards to these two teams against each other... Always seems to be something in each game.

I know the resident Leeds fan will probably say no foul on Benrahma that led to the goal and it was a blatant penalty for Leeds before then, but what are you opinions?
I do apologise, but the Youtube highlights supplied by Leeds and EFL have seemingly edited out the "foul" on Benrahma just before the goal and the "handball" incident so I have used the Brentford one (with excitable commentators, ones I don't like personally) from their Facebook page, so if you don't have Facebook, I apologise if you can not see it....

Anyway, the Penalty appeal (in which Stuart Dallas ran 10 yards or so to remonstrate and got a yellow card for dissent) is around the 1:45 minute mark, whilst the foul appeal, leading to a goal, is on 2:37 minutes.

What is your opinions on these?

Personally, I do think it was a pull back on Benrahma so not sure why the referee bottled a free kick. And the handball, I can see why people would complain about it not given, and if roles reversed on first sight would be screaming and fuming a penalty not given, but seeing it again, with replays, can agree with the referee in that, for me, he has not made himself unnaturally bigger and also the shot was from close range - something that is in the LOTG twice under the heading:
Except for the above offences, it is not usually an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:
  • directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close
  • if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally bigger

The Referee Store
Never been a handball in the memory of man.... However, the idiots have taken over the asylum these days so I don't care anymore whether they think it is or isn't..... In my world, it wasn't and should never be now!!!!

The foul/no foul. I’m certain there’s been a call over the headset from the AR because the referee seems to pause before saying to play on

Back