The Ref Stop

Law regarding treatment/card

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
So page 200 of the good book states players who receive treatment following a challenge by an opponent which results in a card don't have to leave the pitch after treatment, so why do the PL's referees still insist that they do even if the player is ok to continue playing?

Seen several times already this season and again today with VVD's challenge on Onana, VVD yellow carded and Anthony Taylor instructs Onana to leave the pitch after treatment.

The Ref Stop
The PL seems to have a ridiculously high standard for "treated quickly". I'm not sure I've once seen a player allowed to stay on after a card in the PL.

Definitely another of PL's local override/interpretation of the laws. Mbappe and Neymar both on the receiving end of challenges that required physio treatment, offender yellow carded and both players allowed to stay on the pitch for the restart by referee Anthony Taylor.

Personally I think it's utterly ridiculous telling a player who has alread received treatment to leave the pitch afterwards. Does it speed up the restart? No. Does it stop feigning of injury? No. If anything, waiting for a player to leave the pitch after treatment just adds unnecessary delay.

I don't think PL having this
The PL seems to have a ridiculously high standard for "treated quickly". I'm not sure I've once seen a player allowed to stay on after a card in the PL.
I think it's more about "what I think is more right than what IFAB expects"

We have seen this time and time again. The way they do VAR is a good example. For a long time they refused to have pitch side OFR.

Back