A&H

Law Changes 2022/2023

The Referee Store
Nothing specific, but with the Russia and Ukraine situation, the terrorist attack nearly disrupting Formula 1 this weekend, Covid still a major issue, and all that's going on in the world, I wonder whether it will take place.
Not unreasonable to think this way at all. I think it will be naive to ignore the risk even though there has been no official statements.

There's no way, 0% chance, that the holistic charity that is FIFA will let their godawful sportswashing sh*tshow in Qatar not happen.

ESPECIALLY AS THE GLORIOUS MOTHERLAND HAVE JUST QUALIFIED FOR IT FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE I'VE BEEN ALIVE
🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦⚽🇨🇦🏆

Not unreasonable to think this way at all. I think it will be naive to ignore the risk even though there has been no official statements.
It isn't just the risk, when are they going to play the Scotland vs Ukraine game and the subsequent winners vs Wales game? I know it is scheduled for June, but that is no more than a pipe dream if Ukraine is still being bombarded then.

And the ultimate irony of ironies, Russia themselves could stick the knife in the ball by appealing to CAS about their expulsion and arguing it should be delayed so they get a fair hearing.

Just having a look at the one about the referee doing the coin toss. Sometimes at a game the referee will get a young mascot to do the actual toss which can be a nice thing to get them involved. My impression I get is that this would no longer be allowed though?
And such an important change! :confused:

It isn't just the risk, when are they going to play the Scotland vs Ukraine game and the subsequent winners vs Wales game? I know it is scheduled for June, but that is no more than a pipe dream if Ukraine is still being bombarded then.

And the ultimate irony of ironies, Russia themselves could stick the knife in the ball by appealing to CAS about their expulsion and arguing it should be delayed so they get a fair hearing.
CAS has already refused Russia's application to delay the qualifiers, and upheld Russia's ban pending a full hearing. Even if Russia win the hearing, there is no avenue for them to be reinstated into the World Cup because their playoff path has already been completed (it was won by Poland).

Back