A&H

Law 10 KFPM

RobOda

RefChat Addict
Level 3 Referee
Happened this weekend, so I thought this was a fun one to post;

Cup game;

Team A has a player dismissed during the game. The game is drawn and goes to penalties; At the penalty shoot-out Team B must reduce their numbers.

Team B asks if they can exclude their goalkeeper from kicks - i.e. the keeper won't take a kick, but will still take part as a keeper.

What's your call?

Reactions: one
The Referee Store
Say Yes. That's no problem.
Then toss coin for choice of ends. Then toss coin for choice of who goes first or second.

Say Yes. That's no problem.
Then toss coin for choice of ends. Then toss coin for choice of who goes first or second.

have you read the question correctly?!

assuming i'm not missing something blindingly obvious, no, you can't exclude the keeper from taking the pen while allowing them to take part as the keeper

Interestingly, when a team has to lose a kicker, that player can still replace the gk mid kicks if the gk got injured.

Reactions: es1
have you read the question correctly?!

assuming i'm not missing something blindingly obvious, no, you can't exclude the keeper from taking the pen while allowing them to take part as the keeper
I have... I answered it wrong 🤣
I always like to answer first, check 2nd. The question is what would I do, not what is the correct answer. So yes. I'd have got it wrong too. But I won't now.

• Haha
Reactions: es1
Or just plain wrong in law ;)
I realise that it would be wrong to let the keeper continue as a keeper. The mischief would come from accepting the keeper's exclusion while knowing, but not explaining, the consequences. I wouldn't be so devious though!

Back