A&H

last night....

richard ramjane

RefChat Addict
....i must have helped myself to a little more of the cheeseboard than is good for me ... i had a dream where i was doing a game and my whistle was one of those pathetic ones you'd get out of a cheap xmas cracker ! i was so annoyed with myself when i woke up for not having a spare in my bag
no psychological analyses please :)

The Referee Store
I used to carry two separate lanyards, with one whistle on each, out of fear of dropping it or it breaking mid-game. I've recently upgraded my "main" lanyard with a Sonic Blast alongside the existing whistle, for extra high-pitched ear-blasting when needed. Giving this new setup a run out tomorrow, but I'm definitely keeping a spare in my back pocket as well.

I was talking to a referee at a tournament the other week, asked how may sets of flags i had, and i replied one(guilty your honour) and he said to me what happens if in a game the CAR broke a flag either accidental or in a moment of anger/madness. good question i thought, so i now have a second set courtesy of AMAZON ordered and delivered within 4 days.Will still use the old set for now methinks.

I used to carry two separate lanyards, with one whistle on each, out of fear of dropping it or it breaking mid-game. I've recently upgraded my "main" lanyard with a Sonic Blast alongside the existing whistle, for extra high-pitched ear-blasting when needed. Giving this new setup a run out tomorrow, but I'm definitely keeping a spare in my back pocket as well.
i recently bought the new fox EPIC and it might actually be even louder then the sonic blast, bllimey

no psychological analyses please :)

You say that but...

This is typical for someone with a mild Anxiety (myself included in that) and links up with dreams where:

You go to punch someone and can't reach/too soft
You run away but can't quite run quick enough
You scream but can only get a whisper

I used to have these dreams regularly and it sounds very similar. Your intended response not being met by your action in the dream.

Having studied psychology and looking it up after I experienced it, it has something to do with your cognowotsit and your spinocortexiwotsit

Eventually I came to the conclusion no one has a clue why it happens but the common link is anxiety in the people that have these dreams :ninja:

I was talking to a referee at a tournament the other week, asked how may sets of flags i had, and i replied one(guilty your honour) and he said to me what happens if in a game the CAR broke a flag either accidental or in a moment of anger/madness. good question i thought, so i now have a second set courtesy of AMAZON ordered and delivered within 4 days.Will still use the old set for now methinks.
Responsibility of the home team to provide flags for the CARs, not the referee. So if a CAR broke a flag the home team can provide the spare. Having said that, having done matches where the CARs have used bibs as flags, I do have a cheapo set of flags that get used in games 90% of the time. My Touchlines (non-electronic) are reserved for myself when I'm a CAR, or when I'm a NAR - as I was on two finals last Sunday and one tomorrow (please, rain, go away).

I have 5 whistles, 4 lanyards and a flip grip thing.

They all go in my bag but only take one and a spare on the field.

I have a cheap pair of flags that I got on my course, in my league the home club is supposed to supply flags, but that rarely happens

Back