A&H

L5 - L4

callmemyref

Hi guys,

Hope you are well.

I’m L5 - L4 candidate. I think it’s wrongly interpreted by people by thinking that it’s enough to get a minimum mark of 70 to get promoted as per criteria, but I believe that it’s at least 70 to get nominated by county to the FA, and your promotion is not guaranteed. Can you please advise?

I also got 70.45, 72.7 and 72.8 marks, any chance for my promotion this season, what do you think ?

The Referee Store
Nothing is guaranteed, it depends how many Level 4s the FA need in your area. All you can do is try and get your average mark as high as possible so that you are towards the top of your CFAs nomination list.

Nothing is guaranteed, it depends how many Level 4s the FA need in your area. All you can do is try and get your average mark as high as possible so that you are towards the top of your CFAs nomination list.
Do you think the average of 71.98 is too low?

And do you know if I can kindly request the 5th observation to raise the average please ?

And do you know if I can kindly request the 5th observation to raise the average please ?
The average again depends on your area. No two areas are the same.

You can try and ask, but the observer should ignore your request, They may even consider you too pushy and judge you in that light. AND some of them may tell your RDO that you were asking for a favourable mark, which would certainly kill your L4 chances.

PS - @callmemyref can you sort out your banders. It states that you are both a L9 & L6 referee ????

Impossible to know. To use an example, the FA may only need 5 L4s in your area and 71.98 puts you in 4th place so you are accepted. In the same situation in another region that 71.98 leaves a referee in 6th place so isn't taken.

They probably wouldn't give you a 5th observation as to be fair they would have to give all 5 to 4 candidates the same.

You have done all you can everything else is ultimately out of our hands.

I have meet all the requirements of the criteria and got a 72,69.75,73.45,73.45. Averages me about 72.3. If that isn't good enough then you just have dust yourself off and try again.

If you have ticked all the other boxes especially admin and communication then you just need to chill.

You can try and ask, but the observer should ignore your request, They may even consider you too pushy and judge you in that light. AND some of them may tell your RDO that you were asking for a favourable mark, which would certainly kill your L4 chances.
I think you've misread/misunderstood what he said 😂

I think you've misread/misunderstood what he said 😂
Yes, I read it that way initially. He isn't asking for the mark on his 5th observation to be raised, rather he is asking for a 5th observation to try and raise his average.

Back